Give Repulsers a Recoil Dampening effect

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Ever since Cannons were given the recoil effect they seemed more like an annoyance rather then a legit balancing mechanic. Seeing as how Schine is intent on keeping this the only way to fix this is to add something that can counteract it.

Thats why I think Repulsers should be given a recoil dampening effect. Right now the blocks have extremely limited uses (Even when new planets arrive I doubt they will see any more) and have no real use in space. Each block could add a thrust-like stat to an entity that, on a stat/weapon damage ratio, counter a cannon systems recoil. we can even make use of the thrust management menu.

This could even add a interesting dynamic to ship design. Higher powered cannons would require putting more space for repulsers to counter it. Space that could've gone to other systems. If you're limited on space you could allocate thrust to the repulsers but that would be sacrificing overall thrust just to stabilize your cannon shots.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Yes, this makes sense to me. All of my +1.

EDIT: Though, I think that for now, they ought to just remove the cannon recoil effect. Cannons aren't exactly in an awesome place right now, and recoil is basically salt in the wound. Poor damage and here you go, now your ship is all over the place.

If they buff cannons to be able to do comparable damage to the other weapons, then recoil (and recoil compensation) can happen.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Yes, this makes sense to me. All of my +1.

EDIT: Though, I think that for now, they ought to just remove the cannon recoil effect. Cannons aren't exactly in an awesome place right now, and recoil is basically salt in the wound. Poor damage and here you go, now your ship is all over the place.

If they buff cannons to be able to do comparable damage to the other weapons, then recoil (and recoil compensation) can happen.
    A damage buff is the most likely thing to happen. Schine seems dead set on keeping recoil. I think a large reason why ppl hate recoil is that its completely unavoidable and cant be mitigated in any way. If there was a way to counter it via ship design then I think it would be much better

Reactions: Lord Daro

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    A damage buff is the most likely thing to happen. Schine seems dead set on keeping recoil. I think a large reason why ppl hate recoil is that its completely unavoidable and cant be mitigated in any way. If there was a way to counter it via ship design then I think it would be much better
    It would be nice, and it fits in with many things in the game having a counter.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We've totally removed recoil on our test server, and increased the range of cannons as well. They still can't hit anything. Now we've reduced server speed. All three things seemed to have made cannons somewhat viable.