Giant List of Possible Detailing and/or Decorative Blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    1. Corresponding corners, wedges, heptas, and tetras for 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 slab blocks. This would really be useful for detailing small craft, and fine detail on the interiors or exteriors of large craft. It is worth noting that the length of each block should be 1 meter long.

2. A nicer display model. If not a nicer display model then at least a slab variant.

3. Please update the light rod so that it isn't just 4 pixels arrayed in a cross. Make it a properly square tube like the pipes. Really, just add a light bar variant for each color of light.

4. Add more beacon colors.

5. Add chairs. We've wanted this for a while. I know command chairs are planned, but seriously, these models don't have to be functional.

6. In the same vein as chairs, can we get tables and stuff as well please?

7. We have medical cabinets, there is no reason the undeathinator should still be just a red cube.

8. Detail oriented blocks for ship exteriors. Grates are a great start, but there ought to be more than just that. See my decorative barrels post here: Linkable Decorative Weapon Barrels

9. In general, could system blocks just not be so wimpy? I mean, I get why they are. But, it'd be really nice to be able to actually put thrusters on the exterior of a ship without them being blown away by every weapon. You put all that work into the thruster plume but no one uses it because thrusters are just so wimpy. Maybe do a similar linking thing for them as I have mentioned above.

10. More decorative blocks in general.

11. More decorative blocks with complex models.

12. Nicer trees, shrubs, organic stuff.

13. Wood paneling maybe? Goes along with nicer organic stuff.

Non

Reaction score
    Corresponding corners, wedges, heptas, and tetras for 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 slab blocks.
    I'd suggest just wedges, otherwise the list gets a bit long and I dont want to use the wheel anymore than I have to when building, though I'd like to know how other people feel about this.
    In the same vein as chairs, can we get tables and stuff as well please?
    Maybe 1 table model would be nice, but we dont need a table for every size and color, wedges and stuff work well enough for tables.
    See my decorative barrels post here: Linkable Decorative Weapon Barrels
    This comes dangerously close to pre-made weapons.
    In general, could system blocks just not be so wimpy? I mean, I get why they are. But, it'd be really nice to be able to actually put thrusters on the exterior of a ship without them being blown away by every weapon. You put all that work into the thruster plume but no one uses it because thrusters are just so wimpy. Maybe do a similar linking thing for them as I have mentioned above.
    The problem is not that thrusters are wimpy, but that the plume is blinding. Ive seen more than a few good pvp ships with thrusters on the exterior. What exactly are you requesting with this one?
    • More decorative blocks in general.
    • More decorative blocks with complex models.
    Specific examples or textures are much more helpful than a broad category of things.

Other than that I agree.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This comes dangerously close to pre-made weapons.
    I really dunno if you read it properly. It doesn't modify anything about weapons systems. All it is is a barrel that can be mounted to the exterior and serve as an output. It doesn't add any stats or serve as a cannon. It doesn't change anything about the weapons system. All it is is a decorative, hardier output block.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The problem is not that thrusters are wimpy, but that the plume is blinding. Ive seen more than a few good pvp ships with thrusters on the exterior. What exactly are you requesting with this one?
    I think he's talking about giving thrusters an armor value, similar to his suggestion to armor thinner weapon barrels, so that they aren't destroyed in ugly ways as soon as the shield drops. Probably not increasing the bloom value.

Reactions: petlahk

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Corresponding corners, wedges, heptas, and tetras for 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 slab blocks. This would really be useful for detailing small craft, and fine detail on the interiors or exteriors of large craft. It is worth noting that the length of each block should be 1 meter long.
    Adding that many shapes probably isn't feasible, sadly. Wedges might work though. Thin 45 degree wedges for handrails and such, and wedges with shallower slopes for smoothing out sloped faces on some hulls.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think right now I want decoratives for:
    1. Kitchen:
      1. Freezer
      2. Chairs
      3. Oven
      4. Microwaves
      5. Washbasin
    2. Bathroom
      1. Washbasin
      2. Toilet (can be a chair)
      3. Shower
    3. Cockpit
      1. Chairs (again again)

Please update the light rod so that it isn't just 4 pixels arrayed in a cross. Make it a properly square tube like the pipes. Really, just add a light bar variant for each color of light.
    Not too important right now
    Add more beacon colors.
    Agree
    They are not different from lights for me right now. Used to be more bright accross distances and that should be fixed too.
    Add chairs. We've wanted this for a while. I know command chairs are planned, but seriously, these models don't have to be functional.
    Agree.
    In the same vein as chairs, can we get tables and stuff as well please?
    Not needed. Just use slabs as tables.
    We have medical cabinets, there is no reason the undeathinator should still be just a red cube.
    Agree.
    Wood paneling maybe? Goes along with nicer organic stuff.
    I'd like natural-hull blocks (like stone-skinned, wooden, etc) which have slabs.