GFLTSHP ship are creating space trash and lag.

Reaction score
    Version 0.199.654
    Sometimes when a Trader ship with rail docked entities spawns its parts which all start with GFLTSHP in the name are disconnected and left behind. there was 2951 entities in my SP server with "GFLTSHP" In the name. There is literally tons of space trash around any sector i stay in long enough for them to start spawning and glitch out. There is nothing on it in the forums that I can find and I can't be the only one with the issue. Its as if the ship despawns and leaves its doors and turrets behind.
    I had to allocate java 10GB out of 16GB of system ram to prolong my gameplay. It doest help when they start to error out with conflicting uid or like in the photo.
    I can (/depsawn_sector GFL all true "sector coords") but it doesn't always work....

I have quite a nice pc. And its causing frequent lag spikes (along with the stupid ai that slams into literally every object in game, or sit there spinning like a top with nothing to do)
    Just updating old blueprints is a pain with Ai on.

Pc specs
    W10, 16GB ram, i7 6800k, gtx 970.

I'll try to investigate the ships more and edit when I find something. Or until I turn ai off.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    hit "I" go to catalog and clear all enemy usable permissions.
    Go through one at a time and set enemy usable on each blueprint you want the enemy to use.
    The game comes with some default BP's for the NPC's.
    This should fix your issue.
    If it doesn't,
    go to your star made folder and look at the server database.
    Copy everything in there with your name or your ships/base names in it to a separate folder.
    Delete your StarMade Folder and rerun the launcher to reinstall.
    If your using Steam or some other app, don't.

Go to
    StarMade
    and download it there.

Hope this helps iof you haven't gotta everything fixed already.

Yes, I seen the posting date is old buuuut, someone current could be having this same issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This tends to happen at the worst times for me, when I simply want to go into my local test world to try something and then boom, there is 5,000 GFLTSHP's.

Please fix this! It's still an issue and it's world-breaking because I now cannot re-enter my local world full of these things. I can fix it, but I shouldn't have to!

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    There is also a load of Scavengers cargo bins being left in space where they're active. In groups somewhere between 4 and 6.

Last edited:

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    seen over 300k entities with default NPCs to be cleaned up for no good reason, it can't be left as is for long and needs to become a priority soon.

Reactions: GonTar

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    100% agree. it's why I straight delete the factions folder on my SP game before i load a world. Thanks for reminding me before i boot up this new dev build

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i've got the same problem, to the point, servers just lag so much it can't even hold 2 players on a stable state because of this bug made by NPC ships spawning with their docked turrets and utilities detached and glitched.
    This should be on the top priority, it's killing servers that use NPC Factions, and Single player games after a while.

And it still persists on v.200.335 (current stable version of starmade)

Anyone knows if it's being worked on? or if it's fixed on some dev build?

edit: found this interesting, in case you want to check it out ⚓ T2094 Fleets losing docked entities

Last edited: