Gameplay suggestion brainstorm

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I see a lot of suggestions for balance changes, I make a bit myself and there is nothing wrong with balance suggestions.

However I think it would be a lot more fun both for the community and the devs to work on more gameplay centered features rather than constantly rebalancing the game.

My suggestion would be:
    Now that we have a cargo system we need a system for facilitated trade between players making freighter craft useful and interesting.
    As well as the ability to have shop moduals on ships (that need cargo space) so you can be a traveling merchant.

/////thread "rules"
    Of corse like all suggestions there are many pros and cons with the system I have in mind many balance issues as well so that's why this thread is a brainstorm thread, I encourage other people to build upon my idea and the other ideas here.
    Please do not criticize ideas or point out their flaws with out adding to it. "Your idea is bad and you should feel bad" is the definition of a poor community.
    //////

I'm interested to see what people have in mind. :D

Reactions: godmars

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I am a strong believer of setting up a system where you can dock a freighter at a "booth" and have it act as your store front, and then you can sell blueprints/ship designs and blocks/crew from your stall at this big galactic trade hub. Especially when it is a system that you don't need to babysit and can just come back every so often and restock.

"Your idea is bad and you should feel bad"
    Didn't therimmer96 get a couple warning points for saying that to somebody today? :rolleyes:;)

Also I didn't know we had permissions to create threads in the council forums. o_O Cool! :cool:

What was your intention on posting this to the council subforum and not the suggestion subforum. Just curious, not trying to be accusing but tones of voice do not transfer over text very well unless you are like a master writer and have taken more than college English 1 and 2.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Suggestions for such kind of things needs critique - positive and negative to be fleshed out. Otherwise everyone will just dump what they'd like and I can bet you all the cash I have in my wallet right now that some of those suggestions would bother someone, make game worse for some people or be inherently flawed not taking some things into considerations.

That's why it's a suggestion forum for discussin of ideas, rather than just wishlist sending form.
    (Yes, I've subscribed to No Fun Allowed, myself - it's fun to throw ideas around but I already have seen such threads and often such fun either leads nowhere or turns into horrible trainwreck).

Also, why is gameplay suggestions thread in Council subforum?