Gamemodes, Warp drive, mines, farms and stuff

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gamemodes:

I think there should be a creative mode available in the game. I've seen some suggestions like this in other threads so here's my version. I think the creative mode should be base on the minecraft creative mode, with and infinite supply of everything. Blueprints made in creative mode will not be available in survival mode and the player could be in a mix between astronaut mode and build mode, with the capabilities to fly fast and build large areas as well as interact with things around them. Pirates would ignore the player unless provoked and the player would be invincible. Just my opinion but who know? Maybe someone could take inspiration from this and give a more refined version to Schema.

Warp drives:

I think there should be a warp drive to assist travelling long distances (which I find annoying) in a short amount of time. It would work by assigning the warp drive to a key or number (like you would a weapons computer) and when you press the key, you type in the sector you want to go to and it teleports you there. Some people might raise extremely valid arguments arguments about balance issues like "People could just teleport away from combat" or "Peope could just use it to teleport really far out in the universe to an unknown sector and set up a secret base no one would ever find" and the issues could be balanced by:

Shields/countdown: When you select the sector to warp to and you chose to warp, the warp drive could drain your shields as if you were being shot repeatedly and then it warps to the selected sector. The could also be a countdown instead of the shield draining or after the shields have been drained.

Tracking beacon: There could be a new weapon that fires a tracking beacon at another ship. If it hits then it could place down a radar or beacon block (not added yet) that would make the ship constantly be in the navigation menu of the player that shot the tracking device at the ship. This could be used to keep track of ships that are trying to sneak away or it could be used to keep track of your friends so you don't get separated.

Energy consumption: The further away the player is warping, the more energy the warp drive uses. For example, warping one sector could cost ten units of energy (I'm not sure how the energy system works) and if the player's ship doesn't have enough energy to reach their destination the they could end up in a sector inbetween where they wanted to go and where they started (or as far as their energy could take them.

Sorry if anyone else has already though of this stuff but it was on the top of my head and I wanted to get my ideas out there (yes I know gamemodes and warp drives were thought of by many people but that's my version :D)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think this has been suggested so many times...

1. Yes but don\'t call it creative mode we\'re not in Minecraft

2. I think kit\'s already confirmed that we\'ll have some FTL drives in the future

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Looking forward to the FTL drive I really think it would improve the game heaps and I hope they include the power idea becuase I like that one. I really like what they are doing to the game right now!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also think it would be cool if you could set up some kind of mine on a planet and it would very slowly destroy layers of the planet from the bottom up and stores the materials in an inbuilt chest. I also think it should have its own marker in he navigation so if it is left long enough to destroy the whole planet then the mine is not lost floating is space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also think it would be cool if you could set up some kind of mine on a planet and it would very slowly destroy layers of the planet from the bottom up and stores the materials in an inbuilt chest. I also think it should have its own marker in he navigation so if it is left long enough to destroy the whole planet then the mine is not lost floating is space.