game runs super slow when facing planets...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ive updated drivers, ran the most recent update release and pre still nothing... i get around 200 fps facing opposite direction of planets, when i face them, 1-8 fps...

Reaction score
    ive updated drivers, ran the most recent update release and pre still nothing... i get around 200 fps facing opposite direction of planets, when i face them, 1-8 fps...
    Wait until the new planets come out, they haven't done them yet, and try it again. The dodeca-planets are bugged to hell and horribly un-optimized

Reaction score
    Well, basically, the game runs slowly with any kind of heavy sector, and by "heavy" I mean sectors with lots of stuff in them. For an example I can barely manage 10 FPS in the Caketown community build sector on Cake Build Server, which has a lot of clutter (entities) and logic in it. Planets, cluttered sectors, and other stuff like that still have a notable drop in FPS, even though the devs are trying to optimize the game, it never seems enough.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Also, you might want to lower your draw distance. Take a load off your VRAM

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Correct, most players blaming the planet performance set their max drawn segments way too high, like 100k or so.
    So they set their settings to draw 4 915 200 000 blocks at ONCE in a single frame (example for 150k)

I forgot the exact memory the video card would need for that, but I am sure the GPU wont be able to handle this.
    Set it to a sane value.
    I have this setting on 8000 on my notebook, and antialiasing off, this works great and I have no FPS drops when flying around or moving to planets.
    - As example. 8k segments, Geforce GTX 860M still running 20-30FPS, but the point here is: thats already a lot of stuff on screen but its only 1700 segments.
    With a setting of 150k for example it allows roughly 85 times the amount to be drawn. For sure that will be an impact in performance and may even crash a lot when closing in to planets.

- Andy