Game crashing/locking up with error (SOLVED)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Game keeps crashing and getting this error or my entire PC locks up and have to Hard boot. drivers are fully updated + I reinstalled windows this morning. here are my specs.

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz 34 °C
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    RAM
    12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AD5 28 °C
    Graphics
    ASUS VS228 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    GeForce GTX 980 EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB Edition 29 °C
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000340AS (SATA) 36 °C
    931GB Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (SATA) 35 °C
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

Reaction score
    Game keeps crashing and getting this error or my entire PC locks up and have to Hard boot.
    "A TDr has been detected" at DuckDuckGo

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3633/~/opengl-message-%E2%80%9Ctdr-detected%E2%80%9D said:
    Two possible solutions to try would be:

1. Reduce the graphics workload if possible, such as rendering to a lower resolution or with less detail.

2. Increase the timeout to allow more time to complete the really tough rendering parts. Microsoft provides the information on how to modify the Windows Registry to achieve this.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please note the (32bit) in the application title bar on the screenshot.
    Make sure you have a 64bit Java installed and deinstalled all 32bit variants before.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    "1. Reduce the graphics workload if possible, such as rendering to a lower resolution or with less detail."

-_____- I have a GTX 980... pretty sure it can handle StarMade maxed out.

AndyP Was exactly right, i downloaded 64bit and no more problems! thank you very much sir! +useful
    :D

Reactions: AndyP
    Reaction score
    "1. Reduce the graphics workload if possible, such as rendering to a lower resolution or with less detail."

-_____- I have a GTX 980... pretty sure it can handle StarMade maxed out.

AndyP Was exactly right, i downloaded 64bit and no more problems! thank you very much sir! +useful
    :D
    evga 780 Ti SC. 361.75 (win10x64pro)
    Starmade crapped out on me yesterday as well with an opengl driver fault, and failure to reload.

The nvidia drivers have been s--t for windows 10 so far IME... I only made the jump in December figuring that was PLENTY of time for them to work thing out, but nope, apparently not... (also been barfing on Unity Engine games eventually... doesn't matter if they're 100% load or 2% load -> barf -> gotta be the drivers I've also logged everything with hwinfo nothing there to warrant digging into the hw along with windbg, etc all pointing to driver fault on top of which I can run furmark, etc. all day long or at least I could on the December drivers...)

[EDIT]
    Already java64b, win10x64pro, i7-3930k, 64GB, 780 Ti

I'm really regretting 'upgrading' to win10 as the driver situation is godawfulbad, and sleep got broken again either by the handy M$ rollup patch and/or the latest 'high' quality geforce drivers... [EDIT2] even before that it was only working 'most' of the time... [/EDIT2]
    [/EDIT]