game crash when joining a sever EOFException

Reaction score
    for the past 3 or 4 weeks every time I try to connect onto any server all I get is this error.

note I have been able to get on to the server in the past and I have contacted the server owners and after 3 hours of trouble shooting we came up with no solution.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    produce one of those EOFs and then drag and drop the logstarmade.0.log from the logs folder into an answer here
    the online server list is sorted for compatible and lists servers with proper version number and decent ping rate?
    you are not using a Wireless connection ?

Reaction score
    odd It just started working again.
    but knowing my luck this wont last.
    but any to answer your question no I never get a good ping rate and I use stat lite internet. and the server is on the version I am on.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    no clue what a "stat lite internet" is :/

i was talking about your connection to your router (or uplink what ever box) that connects you to your ISP (internet service provider).
    is that a hardwired cable or wireless . a wireless connection even so browsing and stuff works might time out and fail on a game server connection.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    that might be the problem then.
    could be that other routers in the area do interfere or overlap and cause problems ?
    are you able to change channels on the router (to avoid nearby other ones)
    or switch to 5ghz band maybe ?

Reaction score
    there are no routers in the near by area
    how would I change the channel of the router?
    don't what that is.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    if there are no neighbours or such using wireless systems than you do not have to channel any channel (because there wouldnt be any benefit from using anotherone)
    you could try to see if you can use a cable to connect to the router if it is again not working
    just to make sure it really is the wireless link that causes it.
    i cant give any further advice on this without taking a look at at the hardware i guess.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm having the same issue, and I'm also using a wireless router. However, in my case I do not have the option of an Ethernet cable as the router is in another room on a different floor of the house from my system. However, I don't really have much in the way of issues with games or other multimedia applications, except for Starmade.

No dice logging into ANY servers. Last time I tried was just after the NPC update, and now I'm trying again and the issue persists. Getting ready to drop this game for good, honestly...

At the very least I will provide logs.

Attachments

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm having the same issue, and I'm also using a wireless router. However, in my case I do not have the option of an Ethernet cable as the router is in another room on a different floor of the house from my system. However, I don't really have much in the way of issues with games or other multimedia applications, except for Starmade.

No dice logging into ANY servers. Last time I tried was just after the NPC update, and now I'm trying again and the issue persists. Getting ready to drop this game for good, honestly...

At the very least I will provide logs.
    The version listed in the log files is 0.199.524, which is a pre-release or a release candidate. Pre-releases are only for bug testing purposes and should not be used as your default branch.

Please note: Release Candidates are versions which we believe to be ready for full release. However, they have not been widely tested, and therefore may still have significant issues. We encourage everyone to try out release candidates, however, please make sure to backup your content beforehand!
    There are known significant issues that will prevent you from joining servers in the pre-release branch, I have not read your logs in their entirety, but from a brief look, that is likely the cause. If you are not bug testing, please switch to the release branch.

Otherwise, you can read how to test and report pre-releases: StarMade News - StarMade Pre-Release 0.199.491

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I was attempting to join the pre-release server for testing, but this isn't the first time I've had this problem and I've had it across multiple servers before.