Game Completely Broken

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Starmade is as broken as I have ever seen it for me currently.

First off, there is a green border on all windows, including the launcher and the game itself.

Secondly, I have to re-login every time I launch the game.

Thirdly, every time I launch the game it reverts to 199.234 in the launcher.

Fourth, while the game appears to run perfectly fine, no progress is saved, on closing the game reverts to 199.234 and any changes I make in singleplayer (not dedicated server) are reverted. A nearby overheating core will always revert to the same timer upon loading in. What makes matters worse is that I any blueprint saves I attempt are unsuccessful.

I have verified the game's integrity on Steam, force updated to 199.253a four times, and force overwrite/downloaded the entire game 3 times.

A complete wipe seems to be my only option, but there is a ship I'm working on that I have no way of saving due to this silliness.

What the hell.

System info http://i.imgur.com/w917PXL.jpg

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Never heard a thing like that !

save the Blueprint and client-database folders and copy them to a new installation.
    make sure the game isnt installed to any OS folder ... C:/Starmade would do nicely.

if that isnt working then .. get the Logstarmade.0.log file and add it here. (to be found in the Logs folder)

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    What GPU are you using?

Try and download to somewhere else and run from there, might make a difference.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I've just got it working again. No idea what the issue was, but I just went ahead and used the backup I made of my blueprints folder last week and made a clean install of the game.

It was broken again when I updated to 199.253a so a second clean install fixed the problem when I updated it to only 199.253.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Green border?

You have your game sandboxed by a security application.
    This way NOTHING can ever save.

Known for this is for example commodo security.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well that was probably it then, which I find strange because I was using Comodo for a few months and never had this issue.