Galaxy Visual Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Was just thinking how nice it would be if Wormholes were more visible and decorative to adjacent systems, and remembered they are working on universe changes at this very moment.

The wormhole looks... tiny from the sector adjacent to the system boundary, but the wormhole should probably be... 'ginormous.' The cloud of gas and debris could be huge. Neighboring sectors should be swamped with nebulae or otherwise saturated with visual effects from it. So that stations and planets near them can enjoy some aspect of their visual effects without actually diving in. Just to give locations a bit more unique character...

Any other ideas for strictly visual tweaks and improvements to the universe?

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That is a terrific idea. I like to include images of wormholes in my ship screenshots but I have to do a free-fall into the wormhole to get the sweet effect. I want to be on a planet orbiting a star orbiting close to a black hole, like in Interstellar. That would be so nice

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hey, something that I have not tried finding out yet is, when you ride the wormholes do they come to an end point. Normally I jump off the ride at some point as a convenient means of travel around the galaxy and never thought to stay on and see where it leads.

For fun, I once fed a bunch of unfactioned ships to a wormhole near my homebase on a server. I often wondered if they would be at the other direct end of the wormhole clustered together like a mess of derelict debris, or if they would be at the end of some wormhole chain.

I think it could be fun for a player to ride wormholes and come across such things.

Kraengis

stuff builder
    Reaction score
    Was just thinking how nice it would be if Wormholes were more visible and decorative to adjacent systems, and remembered they are working on universe changes at this very moment.

The wormhole looks... tiny from the sector adjacent to the system boundary, but the wormhole should probably be... 'ginormous.' The cloud of gas and debris could be huge. Neighboring sectors should be swamped with nebulae or otherwise saturated with visual effects from it. So that stations and planets near them can enjoy some aspect of their visual effects without actually diving in. Just to give locations a bit more unique character...

Any other ideas for strictly visual tweaks and improvements to the universe?
    That would be awesome, and when getting really close to them the view start to distord like it would IRL (theorically ;)). It would givess a really exotic feeling like if you're in a place that's apprehendable for the human mind. It may be a pain in the ass to code a shader like that thought.

Also give nebulaes another dimensions with gas clouds in some systems or just some sector, that can block your view with fog (and different densities of fog. This can be interesting to make hidden stations.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Hey, something that I have not tried finding out yet is, when you ride the wormholes do they come to an end point. Normally I jump off the ride at some point as a convenient means of travel around the galaxy and never thought to stay on and see where it leads.

For fun, I once fed a bunch of unfactioned ships to a wormhole near my homebase on a server. I often wondered if they would be at the other direct end of the wormhole clustered together like a mess of derelict debris, or if they would be at the end of some wormhole chain.

I think it could be fun for a player to ride wormholes and come across such things.
    I've ridden the wormhole highway extensively. It varies from universe to universe. Some have very circular paths that you can jump in and drift around in a loop for hours. Others are more linear, or have linear branchings that will eventually dump you out somewhere that you won't be immediately picked back up and sucked into the next hole.

You can spawn a station blueprint into a wormhole, actually, to control access (think high DPS battlestation to shred anyone who tries to travel through). As long as your toon is aligned to a ship or station while you are in the black hole sector you will be fine. Unalign and you are dead. This makes it possible to create nearly invincible wormhole stations at the hearts of those systems, which is a total exploit and will hopefully be fixed soon...

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've ridden the wormhole highway extensively. It varies from universe to universe. Some have very circular paths that you can jump in and drift around in a loop for hours. Others are more linear, or have linear branchings that will eventually dump you out somewhere that you won't be immediately picked back up and sucked into the next hole.

You can spawn a station blueprint into a wormhole, actually, to control access (think high DPS battlestation to shred anyone who tries to travel through). As long as your toon is aligned to a ship or station while you are in the black hole sector you will be fine. Unalign and you are dead. This makes it possible to create nearly invincible wormhole stations at the hearts of those systems, which is a total exploit and will hopefully be fixed soon...
    I actually had a station near a wormhole on the Aussie server I use to play on. This is where I was spawning ships to be sucked into the wormhole. I use to transport in/out whenever I wanted to play around. Was a fun exercise! :)

I also conducted all sorts of other research with this station and another station I had in a near by system.
    [doublepost=1535066831,1535066693][/doublepost]
    which is a total exploit and will hopefully be fixed soon...
    I wouldn't call it an exploit. I think it's great being able to build something in a sector near a wormhole. Not sure about in the actual wormhole though.
    [doublepost=1535067012][/doublepost]Come to think of it, really the whole anchored station is the problem. Everything should be a ship, including stations. Hell, you should be able to move planets to. That would be awesome. Could do some crazy stuff moving whole planets. Using them as projectiles. Would bring new meaning to interplanetary warfare. ;)

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Come to think of it, really the whole anchored station is the problem. Everything should be a ship, including stations. Hell, you should be able to move planets to. That would be awesome. Could do some crazy stuff moving whole planets. Using them as projectiles. Would bring new meaning to interplanetary warfare. ;)
    Yeah. You should be able to move planets. I hat how a single clock station cannot be rammed by a 100k ship

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    If they ever found a way to make collision calculations insanely process efficient this game would be off the hook with things ramming into each other, into roids, into planets... using tractor beams to throw roids at enemy planets...

Reactions: OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If they ever found a way to make collision calculations insanely process efficient this game would be off the hook with things ramming into each other, into roids, into planets... using tractor beams to throw roids at enemy planets...
    that would be insane. Currently, however, it would cayuse insane ping. That's one of the reasons we turned asteroid movement off on Aetherion. However, I wish ramming damage was always on. that would be nice

Reactions: MacThule