Galactic Empire

Reaction score

BACKGROUND AND FLUFF

"We are an Empire ruled by the majority! An Empire ruled by a new Constitution! An Empire of laws, not of politicians! An Empire devoted to the preservation of a just society. Of a safe and secure society! We are an Empire that will stand for ten thousand years!"
    ?Palpatine

The Galactic Empire, also known as the New Order, the Old Empire, the First Galactic Empire, Palpatine's New Order, the Imperium or simply the Empire, was the galactic government established by Supreme Chancellor Palpatine to replace the Galactic Republic in 19 BBY and bring Sith rule to the galaxy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire

PLAYERS

Our players have a background that spans several skill sets; though nearly all have participated in online gaming in the MMO, FPS, and space shooter genres. We have experience leading and running large factions and coordinating players in these types of games. Our players consist of people ranging from computer programmers, online game enthusiasts, to traditional miniature model builders who are adept at leveraging their experience to make this the best faction possible.

JOINING THE FACTION

We have our own Teamspeak 3 server that you will be able to make use of to join us in Starmade and our other online games. We are looking for mature gamers with a real sense of teamwork; weather you want to help on construction projects or just assist by piloting destroyers or fighters we want you to join the Empire.

You can reach us anytime at ts26.gameservers.com:9223, but you will be placed in the Airlock channel until an admin is able to speak with you. Please make sure you are prepared to communicate using a headset for the best gaming experience.

You can also check out my Twitch to watch the server live when we are playing or building.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaguarmg

HEROIC SCALE AND CANNON

The type of tools provided in a game like Starmade or Minecraft are limited because of the nature of resolution. While there are some attempts to represent things at 1:1 scale, often times this does not work well especially when dealing with ships that are truly massive in size with this fictional universe. A unified global scale does not work well when dealing with ships that range from a few meters long, to others that are over 19,000 meters long or sometimes, even larger! What is needed is a type of scale that is employed often in miniatures, tabletop gaming, and some other video games, known as heroic scale.

In heroic scale, an attempt is made to make the model as accurate as possible constrained within the features of the model itself. For example, an engine is generally the right size compared to the main ship. Where heroic scale differs is the relationship between different models. To use a purely miniature tabletop gaming nomenclature, my infantry may be scaled 1:48, but because I have limited space, my tanks may be represented by models that are 1:60 scale. A tank will still be bigger than an infantry man.

For the Galactic Empire, this means that an Executor Star Dreadnaught will be several times larger than an Imperial Star Destroyer, but their exact canonical relationship will be represented differently. As an interesting fact, for Star Wars Episode 4, did you know the Tantive IV was actually a larger physical model to the Imperial Star Destroyer?

You can essentially make it into a Logarithm trend line, but what it allows us to do is represent a large amount of ships in a consistent manner.

As for cannon, we are exploring alternate timelines and events that take place in the Star Wars continuity, though most of the variants favor the Galactic Empire so we might make use of additional ships to build or modify. This, combined with the way we are handling scale means that our weapon configurations will be different than what is covered in cannon.

The exact scale is defined as:

Length = Canonical Length / LOG 250(Canonical Length)^3.887

GALLERY

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Intercepted communications of a secret GE command meeting seem to have just reviled a secret Galactic Empire project to squash the energy crisis of the universe, Rumor has it that an imperial engineering team lead by Ireos has just unveiled a prototype reactor that crams 1 million power regen into a cubic avg of only 7.58 blocks…

Grand Admiral Jaguars refused to comment saying only that “Anyone caught distributing Imperial Secrets would be dealt with”.

WiskeyEcho – Coruscant News Services

Reaction score
    Today\'s photo; a group of Imperial ships undergoes repairs and refit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Galactic empire released new info today about the cause of the previously mentioned repairs and refit of 5 Destroyer class star ships… During a training exercise the extreme gravitational forces caused by the interdictor and the close proximity formation that the ace commanders where flying in damaged some of the internal bulkheads as well as other non-critical systems.

Some training footage is seen here

Rather than only repair the damage sections the GE high command decided to take this opportunity to refit and update this already fearsome battle group.

WiskeyEcho – Coruscant News Services

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can I join? Im a good builder and a good pilot. Plus, Im a big fan of Star Wars, but the rebel alliance server is too restricting. They wouldn\'t even let me build my own ship. Assholes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    really obi, you cant restrict people in this game, the game is about building any type of ship.

Reaction score
    We have no problem with custom ships, in fact we encourage it as in our description. The ship just needs to fit within our scaling convention. A lot of good work was done by Ansel Hsaio actually went from fannon to cannon when it was published in the Essential Guide to Warfare.

Here is an excerpt from Wookiepedia.

In addition to the aforementioned ships, Lucasfilm Licensing also utilized some fanon artwork created by Ansel Hsiao when writing the guide. When approached by Lucasfilm Licensing to provide artwork for The Essential Guide to Warfare, Hsiao submitted his own designs in addition to new models, along with their names. These designs included the Assertor-class Star Dreadnought (as well as the specific ship within that class, Wrath), the Bellator-class dreadnought, the Allegiance-class battlecruiser, the Secutor-class Star Destroyer, the Procursator-class Star Destroyer, the Altor-class replenishment ship, the Vigil-class corvette, and the Naval Station Validusia.

Reaction score
    Because of our greatly close alliance with The Rebel Alliance I cannot under any sercumstances ally with The Empire. But if there is ever a need for help from other members of the UAF I can overide one Factions vote if needed.

Thanks,

-H

Reaction score
    Today\'s photos show a fleet of the Imperial Navy - in their efforts to promote peace throughout the galaxy, fighting off the criminal underworld and pacifying the corruption of a planet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is ObiShawnKenobi, Galactic Commander of the Rebel Alliance. I know what most of you are thinking. The Empire and the Rebels fight and are sworn enemies. That doesn\'t have to be true. We can be allies, which was a major goal of the Rebel Alliance. We want to become friends. If I have to remind you, here is a link for proof of the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance becoming allies:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pellaeon%E2%80%93Gavrisom_Treaty

What I\'m saying is no war, but peace. I wish for a reply from Grand Admiral Jaguars whenever he can.

Sincerely,

ObiShawnKenobi

Reaction score
    Dear Jaguars,

As per article 5 in the Rights Of The Stars, the handbook for the UAF, I request that the Galactic Empire join us for a greater alliance with the Factions of starmade. UAF\'s main goal is to create a way for Factions to comunicate diplomatically in a senate type invirement.

Sincerly,

Administrator of the Unified Alliance of Factions Hierarch