Fun fact about the power stream

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Whats happening here?

The power beam taking damage from a tiny ass gun makes the stabilizers explode?

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    firing a weapon into the stream & overheating yourself?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    A few seconds with a 2 module cannon and the stabs go boom? That ain't much. Ships are going to be very brittle. So shields will be even higher priority. Shield recharge now doesn't kick in for 5 seconds and if the shield gets another hit in that time the timer is reset effectively suppressing recharge, even with the shield upgrades reducing the timer a small 1c/1c turret is now enough to completely suppress any given amount of shield rechargers... which means all in on shield capacity... this will mean ships with a a couple of small shield recharge suppression guns, huge shield capacity and a couple of ion beams to punch through the shields quickly and penetrate the hull to hit the power stream and wipe out power.... uggh.

Reaction score
    Power 2.0 just keeps getting better, if this keeps up there will be no need for bug fixes or any other improvements to this game.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    The OP is hilarious - this new system still needs serious work.

If they are going to keep the bloody stabs and stabby stream, they will need to buff both shields and armor a bit to improve ship hardiness.

Reaction score
    Someone told a trick about having the stabilizer group being centered inside of the reactor allowing to have no power beam.
    (thus avoiding problems of killing yourself)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    Someone told a trick about having the stabilizer group being centered inside of the reactor allowing to have no power beam.
    yeah.... but you missed the part where circling the reactor with stabs will at minimum reduce your power by 4x when compared to a meta dong of equal length, and stability? bwaha, you don't need no damn stinking stability! ;p

Reaction score
    You do not need to circle: make a straight line going through your reactor and two blobs of equal mass at stabilizer distance so you have only one stabilizer group(and have most of the stabilizers at the 100% efficiency distance) but you would still lose significant amounts of efficiency and would have a ship looking two times longer
    So the question is: do resistance to being cored worth the loss of efficiency.
    And the answer is probably : it is not worth it if you have a ship under 242342342345436784656 k mass(because anyway in starmade everything one shots everything)

Reaction score
    Whats happening here?

The power beam taking damage from a tiny ass gun makes the stabilizers explode?
    Not to mention that it is the same entity firing through its own stream.

There is even more to that but it needs more work. Here is the basic idea :

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    There is even more to that but it needs more work. Here is the basic idea :
    I've tried that stab-ring config to eliminate the stabby stream as well! I found the loss of integrity to be catastrophic... Does the stab dumbell passing through the reactor have any integrity or is it basically a suicide reactor as well? It looks inviable comparing with some of the strange stab configs I've been attempting.

From the people who brought you coring, we bring you coring 2.0!
    At the moment the only difference is that it doesn't paint your exact target on the HUD, and that's cold comfort. It's too easy to tell where the reactor and stabilizers are on most ships - the two most distant elements, right between those two, or dead center mass. Basically drill the 3 most probable target zones on any ship with heavy coring weapons and you are 90% certain to hit a reactor, and in the meantime you may get lucky and nick a major artery...

I'm wondering though; I feel like with these reactors the amount of power I'm able to shunt to weapons and still be decently balanced is substantially less than it was. Are we still drilling out 10-block AA with ease at medium-large ship sizes and having plenty of power left for thrust, shields, and other needs? If the DPS from functional ships (as opposed to glass cannons) is not what it once was, then neither is the vulnerability of internal organs like reactors... wish I had more time to actually test this week.

Reaction score
    Same here, but alas my computer is having power supply issues... just like starmade, apparently.

I feel like there's a joke in there somewhere, but it isn't funny.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Same here, but alas my computer is having power supply issues... just like starmade, apparently.

I feel like there's a joke in there somewhere, but it isn't funny.
    Yeah, apparently my windows has decided to reject my HD driver so I'm in need of a full reinstall and possibly a new HD but have tons of work this week so...

Reaction score
    I've tried that stab-ring config to eliminate the stabby stream as well! I found the loss of integrity to be catastrophic... Does the stab dumbell passing through the reactor have any integrity or is it basically a suicide reactor as well? It looks inviable comparing with some of the strange stab configs I've been attempting.
    Truth is, it's not viable in the way i show it except if you use a certain exploit.
    Though it's just a proof of concept and there is plenty of ways to do it while keeping integrity high and this is technology at this point. But the question remain, is it better using all of this stuff to get rid of the power stream or simply the lazy dildo with stabs in the front and a good chunk of armor/shields in front of it. I can't answer it.

Reaction score
    Truth is, it's not viable in the way i show it except if you use a certain exploit.
    Though it's just a proof of concept and there is plenty of ways to do it while keeping integrity high and this is technology at this point. But the question remain, is it better using all of this stuff to get rid of the power stream or simply the lazy dildo with stabs in the front and a good chunk of armor/shields in front of it. I can't answer it.

I take the insane path, and put the stabs in the back!