Fueled Chamber Bonuses

Reaction score
    Simple enough:

You'd buff various chambers or the reactor's power output by providing them a steady supply of 'fuel' from a specified storage.

Fuel'd just be various mineral mixes.

Lack of fuel just puts them back to normal.

Perhaps require a conduit to connect storages?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Equilibrium21

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This falls well in line with my general idea of what fuel is supposed to be. An optional, but highly useful, means of rewarding resource production.

Though, for the love of god, don't make it something you mine, at least not primarily. There must be some sort of one-time investment that provides a steady, independent supply for the future, such as setting up a solar panel on a station. Furthermore, one such investment must be available in the early game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There must be some sort of one-time investment that provides a steady, independent supply for the future
    I'm against this. Any explicit method of just "generating" fuel out of nothing would make fuel-injected systems mandatory for PVP. I think it would be better to make fuel something that you get as a reward for some quests, something rare that you have to explore to find, and other ways along those lines.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yes, fuel, if implemented, would be mandatory for competitive PvP. That is sort of the point.

What you're describing, whatever it is, clearly has a different purpose from what I'm picturing. I'm proposing fuel as a means of rewarding a steady infrastructure, or introducing a maintenance cost. You seem more set on rarity and rewarding specific activities.

Perhaps we should invent a new word to differentiate the two concepts?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe there could be "rare" fuel you get from quests with quirky effects (maybe procedural effects, even?) and "common" fuel manufactured from resources or bought in bulk (just your typical +10% fire rate buff or whatever). Best of both worlds.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I could be for this is if after fuel wears off it leaves debuffs on the ship/or fuel comes with varrious bonuses and weaknesses.