Friendly Suggestion To Devs

Reaction score
    Like the title says just a friendly suggestion to the dev's, if a system is completely broken(AKA the ship yard system) you should probably disable it. If you do not do this and leave a youtube tutorial on your main channel that show every thing working fine your going to end up wasting a lot of hours of new players time. I know this game is in alpha so of course bugs are expected and you can get it for free at the moment but from the posts I've been reading I don't know if shipyards have ever worked right and I've seen posts from every year since they were released saying they are completely broken. So that's 2 years of wasting people's time when it could easily be avoided by disabling the functionality of shipyards, and leaving the ship yard blocks in the game so that already built shipyards aren't destroyed, then returning functionality once they are working. Also a message when you build a shipyard block saying the shipyard are highly experimental and expect to encounter a heavy load of bugs would be good. I like the game and the way the actual ship systems work allows for very unique ships and if the shipyard system work I think it would be really amazing, but I'm not sure if I will continue playing because I hate having my time (5-6 hours building the shipyard and first ship design which ended up corrupted) wasted when it is easily avoidable.

- A angry possibly former player

Reactions: NaStral
    Reaction score
    Like the title says just a friendly suggestion to the dev's, if a system is completely broken(AKA the ship yard system) you should probably disable it. If you do not do this and leave a youtube tutorial on your main channel that show every thing working fine your going to end up wasting a lot of hours of new players time. I know this game is in alpha so of course bugs are expected and you can get it for free at the moment but from the posts I've been reading I don't know if shipyards have ever worked right and I've seen posts from every year since they were released saying they are completely broken. So that's 2 years of wasting people's time when it could easily be avoided by disabling the functionality of shipyards, and leaving the ship yard blocks in the game so that already built shipyards aren't destroyed, then returning functionality once they are working. Also a message when you build a shipyard block saying the shipyard are highly experimental and expect to encounter a heavy load of bugs would be good. I like the game and the way the actual ship systems work allows for very unique ships and if the shipyard system work I think it would be really amazing, but I'm not sure if I will continue playing because I hate having my time (5-6 hours building the shipyard and first ship design which ended up corrupted) wasted when it is easily avoidable.

- A angry possibly former player

i always tell people not to bother using it and they say "why, its worked for me so far."

lol this is why. if you keep playing, stop using shipyards for now. for that matter until the next update just make shells; most systems are bugged and or broken a lot like shipyards.

Reactions: NaStral
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Servers really need the option in the configs to turn off shipyard functionality. This option should have been available from the very beginning.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale