Found bug with power supply beams

Reaction score
    My power supply beams appear to be using exactly double what their reported draw is. I have a single group of 2508 that reports an appropriate 752400 power consumption under ship entity. When the beam fires, it draws that 752400 for a second then spikes to 1504800 exactly until it shuts off again. It does this consistently and the problem persists with the other five generators I have.

Is this a bug or am I missing something essential?

Thanks!

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Most non-weapon beams tick twice a second, so while their power draw statistic is correct for every tick, it's half of what the system needs per second. Hope that helps.

Reaction score
    Most non-weapon beams tick twice a second, so while their power draw statistic is correct for every tick, it's half of what the system needs per second. Hope that helps.

Ahh, so this is my problem and everything si working as intended then?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Ahh, so this is my problem and everything si working as intended then?
    Yeah, though it is easy for new folks to miss it. The information displayed for a system's stats will probably end up changed in the future to make sure issues like this happen less often. If you've got any other questions feel free to ask.

Reaction score
    Yeah, though it is easy for new folks to miss it. The information displayed for a system's stats will probably end up changed in the future to make sure issues like this happen less often. If you've got any other questions feel free to ask.
    Thanks a million for the advice. I'll redesign them appropriately.

.....now if wireless logic links would just remember they're linked.....sigh =)

Take care!

Reactions: MrFURB