Force Field Blocks Similar To Water Block

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Can we please have an additional effect added to the existing force-field blocks?

My suggestion is they function with 2 additional features.
    1. A logic controlled transition from physical to liquid, so we can pass throug them like water.
      1. Perhaps using an activation module method. Where the state of the force-field block is controlled by the state of an activation module slaved to the block.
    2. Also a visible look similar to the water block, but using the existing colour glow. This is a very nice look and fits with a lot of Sci-Fi favourites.

Another nice to have would be all the block types e.g, hepta, tetra, corner included.

I find it really awesome using Water blocks for a force-field effect that you can phase through, but ideally I would prefer to use the actual force-field blocks. Especially since they have their own glow effect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Add some lamps next to water. Here's your glow effect (and actually quite a lot better than basic force field). And for impassability just slap some glass doors on top and wire them to an activator. You know, inventory is already pretty messed up with blocks (fortunately now we don't need a separate stack for tetras heptas etc, but there are still lots of them). No need to add something you can already do the other way.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    All wishes listed up we have or may have:
    1. More than one texture (hexagonal, octagonal, simple grid, water-texture, diagonal, whatever)
    2. Many colors - ideally as many as hull colors.
    3. Passing/Blocking and active texture while blocking but not when completely shutdown.
    4. Animation of texture like wobbling lines or power-pulses going through, etc.
    5. Light/Advanced force fields like armor types.

Independent of number of IDs or rotations we use, I agree that they should be swap-able into each other.
    I'd additionally like if they do not behave like hull/armor with hp.
    This means, we could use HP for some kind of effect-overlays similar to damage overlays.

Light variants may simply disappear for a few seconds when they suffer enough damage or damage passes through the field like through an activation gate.

Group can have 60 hp +40 per block. Not so much that it creates a balance issue.
    Else, they would need some weight, for example with rechargers/capacitors/emitters required.

Advanced variants may work like this:
    (numbers are examples, only a draft, not final)

Each block catches up to 100 damage from a projectile on 100% charge (40% basic armor hp).
    If it is either above 100 or the force-field group HP falls below damage-as% the block disables.

Forcefield-group's hp-pool is 600 per recharger.
    Forcefields charge (the %) is forcefields/(6*rechargers), eventually capped at 8x8 or 64 per emitter.
    Can be over 100% and jet forcefields block only 100 damage each.

Rechargers are heavy, may consume power similar to shields (or more efficient).
    If you place too many forcefields, the furtest distance ones are disabled, then there is one layer blocking only a % and the inner are fully active. The %-layer may flicker and the disabled never show active.

Disabled blocks may enter a TODO list for re-enabling. TODO-lists can be separated by distance_from_emitter_in_blocks_count, so that the far blocks sacrifice themselves for near blocks or near blocks respawn faster, etc.

Recharger-groups (or single ones) touch an emitter.
    The emitter has a ray shooting to the first Forcefield block (disabled or not doesn't matter).
    Forcefields than align to closest emiter, similar to "light"-spread.​

Last edited: