Fog of War - Weekend Homebase Vulnerability, Territory Control Rewards, 400k 600M build limit

Discussion in 'Community Servers' started by MilitantCollective, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Lecic

Lecic Convicted Lancake Abuser

Going to be helping out with this

• Like Like x 3
    2. Tsnonak

Awesome stuff guys!

• Like Like x 2
    3. MilitantCollective

Spawn Station Contest:

The Ares Initiative in cooperation with the Fog of War server is holding it's first competition to fulfill assets needed for gameplay.

Parameters:
      -Station must be 1500M+ on its longest axis. (Cant just be a stick reaching 1500m)
      -Must include working interior to include a trade hub, factory, and recruiting offices.
      -Must have a functional dock to accommodate a 600M Long ship (longest ship allowed on server)
      - Must have both a player teleporter and a warpgate
      - Must have interior docking for smaller vessels up 1500 mass.
      -Must have aesthetic design appropriate to space. No floating land masses or giant boxes

Rewards:
      -$50USD PayPal transfer to your account.
      -5M credits start on any Ares server
      -500K Blocks of your choice.
      -3 Upgrade Rolls for upgrade blocks
      -The Station name of your choice (within reason)

Stipulations:
      Must have valid PayPal
      Must Submit Design prior to receiving reward.
      Must be a member of the Ares Initiative Discord.

Submission date will be two weeks (14days) from the date of this posting. With discretion to Ares development team on dates depending on state of server. All submissions will be voted on by your peers.

#23 MilitantCollective, Jan 7, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    4. SkylordLuke

So what does this mean. I would like to actually build one station..

[station without the excessive use of copy paste that my stations are normally accused of. ]
      Throwing bias about me away, and oppionions about me ..and being logical.

People seem to mind me not spotting numerous small mistakes over my builds, but they failed to take into account it was expected of me to build a large project twice a week if I wanted to keep up with the youtube schedule. So that was why I didnt have time to re-review all the small mistakes.
      Now tho,when I don't do any videos that often,i can pour all my love and hours into one perfect station where I can dedicate a lot more time into cleaning the small mistakes.

Examples of stations.

The reason for my comment is yet to come tho.
      About the 4th stipulation,Is that really neccessary? I can build a Shell tho.. a reallyyy nice looking,And pass it towards people who have the patience and expertise for actual systems.

#24 SkylordLuke, Jan 7, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    5. MilitantCollective

The discord is simply so you can keep up with development of the server up until the point of which you'll turn in your submission.

The timeframes for turn in are roughly 2-3 weeks from now.vdi no rush. There are no other reqs or stipulations. You're free to use whatever tools available to build your submission.

6. Tsnonak

Unless I missed something... there are only 3 Stipulations?
      ... ah was edited? (then nvm...)

How do we get access to the "Ares Initiative Discord"

• Like Like x 2
    7. OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding Currently Fleet Building

• Like Like x 2
    8. MilitantCollective

Just a quick update on the server, we are working on the weapons values. One of the values is projectile speed relative to the spacecraft. Those cinematic moments everyone searches for when they watch videos like SkylordLukeSkylordLuke 's is now obtainable. Starmade fights will become a game of skill. No longer will strafe fighting suffice. Rather, large ships will fulfill their roles and Antifighter launch stations and act as mobile assault bases. Additionally, beams will be getting tweaked and with turret limits based on mass. We will effectively limit turret spam, encouraging both bomber gameplay and strategic fleet warfare.

• Like Like x 4
    9. JinM

I like the idea. I am not going to build but let me add my 2 cent...

I just would narrow down what I expect for a station, to get the best possible result. For example I would post around 3 pictures of stations or interior that I consider good. Additionally a factory can have a lot of setups. How many enhancers, how many users for that factory, protectable factory storage?

Many more details that are missing. Make sure to talk alot with the participants so you get results that actually fullfil your vision of your spawn spawn station.

Oh and 1.5km on its longest axis is huge. 2 weeks are not enough to build a well detailed station of that size.

• Like Like x 2
    10. MilitantCollective

Must learn to copypasta my friend, you can get detail in two weeks.

I do not want to set creative limitations, the builder will obviously be able to continue his build later. This is more of a challenge which we like rather than the generic contests it's a speed build

11. TheDerpGamerX

TheDerpGamerX Lord of Lawnmowers

Will you be releasing the configs to the public? Me and some friends were thinking of putting up a build server for testing that way people could design ships on a server using the same configs.

12. MilitantCollective

The configs will only be available to those who subscribe to the server cluster for the warp. This means you will have a playable server capable of sustaining combat and factions. We do have a build server up with the somewhat recent configs now.

13. MilitantCollective

To those who participated in the station building contest, ALL projects will be due Monday at 5pm CST/6pm EST. You can simply PM me the file folder of your station in discord or post it in a google drive for us to download and send us a link.