Fleet Mining Improvement

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    The current state of fleet mining is very unsatisfying.

My proposal to replace AI:

- Send ship to a reasonable distance to the closest asteroid (if there is no other miner yet)
    and dont change position as long as no other ships are in close proximity (no silly jumping around asteroids)

- aim at the center of the asteroid

- don't use beam impact to calculate which blocks should be mined at which rate
    instead use a generic beam-independant calculation that just takes the mining rate of the miner
    and gradually reduces the asteroid which the ship is aiming at by this very rate

maybe this could make fleet mining more scale independant, more efficient and less frustrating

G

GDPR 302420

AI mining is bugged to shit, when the bugs get fixed it will be useable (hopefully)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've noticed it seems ok for small craft, but as you scale them up to larger mass and more beams it gets buggy. Especially when dealing with Asteroids that are clustered together or if the server has had a change in the size of the asteroids in config.
    [doublepost=1502844871,1502844836][/doublepost]Oh and the size of the sectors has an effect.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd be happy if I could just specify "Mine Target".

Worst part of having a mining fleet is when you want a specific resource, you deploy the fleet right next to the asteroid you want, and when you give them the mining command they zoom over to the other side of the sector to eat a trash asteroid you already have tons of.