Bug Fleet Frustration?

Reaction score
    Hey,

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. I made a carrier that hosts 8 fighters.

I have made a fleet with all 8 ships, and the carrier being the flagship. I send them out in battle and order them to attack this sector. Very quickly all of them fly off out of range, out of the sector and do not respond to anymore orders. Every time they prove completely useless and I have to go and pick them up. When I find them, they are completely stationary and inactive and sometimes I can't even get them to recall with out changing orders several times. It's REALLY frustrating and this feature was released over a year ago!

Is anyone else experiencing this? Because this is pretty much unusable and pointless. Am I missing something? I know this game is in dev and I appreciate the work the team is doing, but if this is normal behavior, why even have the feature enabled?

Very, very frustrating. Especially after the time spent building the ship/s.

Thanks

jorgekorke

bottom text
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Fleet AI is really unreliable at the moment. Though there are rumors that a update that improves them is at the works and will arrive before the power update...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    There's also the minor issue of miner drones not frickin' mining. They sit there stationary doing nothing no matter what names you call them, and believe me when I say I've called them a lot of names! ;) The only way I've been able to reliably fix that issue is to logout for a couple of minutes. Arghhh! I feel your frustration. It's such a simple thing for the mining issue as it seems all they need to do is sync/check and confirm the sector they're in and then they work properly.
    On your fighter drones what armament do you have? It's my understanding that the AI will fly to the maximum range of their longest range weapon. So if they've got missiles off they tootle into the deep dark yonder... Best keep combat drones with short range weapons. Other then that all I've got is to wait for the devs to get their As into G... but oh yeah they're redoing the entire power system and basically building a new game before worrying about 'unimportant' things like this... /sigh.