Fleet Combat Idea

Reaction score
    So I had a few Ideas that could added to make fleet combat more interesting. Tell me what you think.

RTS Map
    So the first one I think would be cool is a mode that gives you a view of the sector you are in as a 3d map, kind of like Homeworld. Then from there you could give commands to your ships such as specify targets to focus on, tell your carriers to release fighters, or order damaged ships to retreat. So pretty much add a basic map like what an RTS has.

Battle groups
    Another thing that might be neat is groupings within fleets. So for example you could have a bomber squad and a fighter squad that you can boss around independently while still being listed under the same fleet.

Unit Tracking System
    My last idea is adding a system that allows composition of fleets to be saved. So if you lose a fighter you can keep track of which one it was. Then maybe you can set up an automatic process to replace it and bring your fleet back up to full strength. This could function as an easy way to replace fighters lost in combat. At the very least you can keep track of the ships you lost. This could be helpful in understanding how your ships are performing, so if you lose one type of ship more then another you may want to consider rethinking your design.

Any Thoughts?

Last edited:

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    All seem like commands and features I would certainly use.

Reaction score
    I like this idea, more fleet control is really needed.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't know how feasible that would be, but it would be v cool.