FIXED: Link to Steam failed: Uh Oh!

Reaction score
    I don't know what rules on necro'ing are here so to be safe i'm creating a new thread. I've read FAQ titled "Link to Steam failed: Uh Oh! It looks like something may have gone wrong... / Application error"

and I've read many threads on this forums i can find. I can't get my account activated on steam using link in that FAQ.

I keep getting one error or other, it's application error or it's the were sorry but something went wrong error.

I've tried it with my steam shut down while using that link in Chrome
    I tried it with my steam online while using that link in Chrome.
    I tried it with my steam is offline mode while using that link in Chrome.

Then i tried it using Firefox in case it's a chrome issue again trying all 3 options, steam client off, online, and offline.

I've then tried waiting and trying again.

I've probably tried a total of 20 times.

Any ideas? i bought Starmade a long long time ago, i'm just trying to play it on steam, i use steam for everything prefer to have it there.

It's not fun wasting what little time off i get from work with issues like this instead of doing something constructive or enjoying my free time.

Reaction score
    They helped me in support. Solution was to disable family sharing on my steam account then the link worked. So anyone else has family sharing on steam and having this issue try that. Thanks to the Starmade support team for their quick response!