Favorite Anti-Personnel Systems?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Could be turrets, traps, a fleet parked nearby, you name it. Feel free to show it off and why you like it. :)

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    My favorite?

Space marines in heavy power armor, equipped with plasma rifles. Kills intruders deader than disco. Works every time.

the squad1.jpg
    These guys can easily fit in a docking bay or medium height corridor. They can deal massive damage to enemy personnel depending on the weapon(s) I give them and they almost never miss at close range. I tend to build large environments on planets and inside stations so these marines naturally fit in anywhere I set up shop.

If an intruder manages to bypass these guys, I may need to take matters into my own hands.
    ...and since (smart) boarders always bring heavy weapons (rocket launcher, sniper rifle, etc), It pays to have an ace up your sleeve...
    Armor.jpg
    My suit has slightly heavier armor and shielding than the others as well as an anti-gravity harness for operating on planets. In an enclosed space, I can act as sort of an end of level boss on board my stations. If you can somehow defeat me as an astronaut while I'm wearing this, I figure; you deserve to take over my base...

Attachments

Reaction score
    Ship-to-ship combat turrets. Nothing gets close. Nothing.

Or just a Republic Frigate replica ... can't board what you can't catch!

Reactions: alij331

Markonius

Head of Finance at OOB
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Our faction utilises docked entities for doors, traps, vaults etc., to prevent unauthorised access. Our faction also likes to make use of traps whether they be logic based, rail based or both to remove personnel. Gravity traps are most commonly used and most harmless ones with worst thing that could happen being a visitor dies.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    My favorite?

Space marines in heavy power armor, equipped with plasma rifles. Kills intruders deader than disco. Works every time.

View attachment 26456
    These guys can easily fit in a docking bay or medium height corridor. They can deal massive damage to enemy personnel depending on the weapon(s) I give them and they almost never miss at close range. I tend to build large environments on planets and inside stations so these marines naturally fit in anywhere I set up shop.

If an intruder manages to bypass these guys, I may need to take matters into my own hands.
    ...and since (smart) boarders always bring heavy weapons (rocket launcher, sniper rifle, etc), It pays to have an ace up your sleeve...
    View attachment 26454
    My suit has slightly heavier armor and shielding than the others as well as an anti-gravity harness for operating on planets. In an enclosed space, I can act as sort of an end of level boss on board my stations. If you can somehow defeat me as an astronaut while I'm wearing this, I figure; you deserve to take over my base...
    That has got to be one of the coolest in door defenses Ive seen. Now I am going to have to build defense robots... You see what you have driven me too?

As for my fav way to detour invaders? I came up with a fun idea of a hall where the floor would open, and then the roof would push you into the lava under the floor. You just can't beat the ol "falling Ceiling" or "Lava Pit" and when you put em together its even more fun. I suggest putting a camera in the room to watch them panic.

Reaction score
    Just MC-suffocate them inside a solid block. Because I'm willing to bet that you can rail the roof right on through the poor astronaut.
    But wait - can you suffocate?
    I'll have to try. Minion! Stand in the yellow danger circle!

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Just MC-suffocate them inside a solid block. Because I'm willing to bet that you can rail the roof right on through the poor astronaut.
    But wait - can you suffocate?
    I'll have to try. Minion! Stand in the yellow danger circle!
    No suffocation (this isn't minecraft) but lava causes damage when astronauts feet touch them.
    Face is fine tho.