Factioned ships in multiple fleets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This is a fairly straightforward suggestion; the idea is to allow factioned ships to be in multiple fleets at the same time.

This would allow carriers to designate different tasks to different fighter wings, yet all wings still share the same mothership (the carrier).

In order to avoid the chance of confused AI/conflicting orders, only the most recent fleet order would be followed by a particular ship.

This would allow players to act as admirals while effectively controling sizeable AI fleets. Although this is a small change, its benefits would be limited only by players' imaginations.

Cheers,
    Falcon_One

Reaction score
    I think maybe more of a tiered command structure would work better. Much the same as your suggestion, but organized a little better.

A carrier would belong to a fleet, but itself be the "flagship" of a sub-fleet, able to give orders to its fighters independent of the main fleet.

At least, that's my 2 cents lol.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    One thing to watch out for. Is that StarMade combat does not become a human less affair. You can already send fleet after fleet to your enemies Home Base. To camp him silly if his turrets suck. All from within the comforts of your own Home Base or a cloaked ship.

From what i have seen in combat. Human Player vs Fleets = Human Player always looses if the ships in the fleet are any good

You just can not keep up with multiple targets unleashing it all from all angles. Things like missile lock-on delay. Become a real problem. When the AI can fire every weapon slot. At the same time. The very second you get in weapon range.

NOTE: Unfactioned Fleets should never ever have been a thing. Because you can steal every floating ship on the whole StarMade map with that.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Great suggestion!

Has been suggested before, including tiered command options along with chained attack/defend/move/mine destinations, battle grouping, targeted commands are a few that come to mind.