faction relation measurement...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So i was thinking when it comes to factions i was wondering if this game should ever become the experience we hope for then i think it is crucial that the relationship system must become measurable. In other words, there is a lot between hate and adorment, skeptical could be a rank, friendly could... how about numbers
    and then have config files which state how much a trade alters this standing in a certain faction. this way a initially hostile faction could be quested for and traded with to gain their trust or - and in case of player factions ranks could be associated with certain standings.
    or you could alienate yourself with a faction but still have the option to repay and regain your standing. in starmade rigt now everything is set. that is how it is once you made everyone hate you wait for server restart mission accomplished.
    this should really change. and such a system could allow players to setup custom "pirate" factions... joinable by other players...

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I haven't played the game in years, but Sims is one game I would rate highly when it comes to relationship management of NPCs. Perhaps a page out of their book could be useful here.

Mind you, I'd be happy with the AI not ramming their ships and knocking my stationary ship off into deep space or a sun.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I haven't played the game in years, but Sims is one game I would rate highly when it comes to relationship management of NPCs. Perhaps a page out of their book could be useful here.

Mind you, I'd be happy with the AI not ramming their ships and knocking my stationary ship off into deep space or a sun.
    I'd be happy if schine would adjust their defualt settings and leave shit like sundamage deactivated untill they provide a indicator system regarding sundistance... also the turrets shooting own missiles and damn so much stuff that could be better handeled...
    right now starmade feels like a wreck you look at it in pity and think like "if just this would..."