Faction Manager spamming the server console?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    This repeats in the server console constantly. Anyway to reduce the verbosity, turn it off or otherwise get rid of it?

[FACTIONMANAGER] updated news on Server(0) for factionID -10000000; delete: false
    [FACTIONMANAGER] trying to add news entry: FactionNewsPost [factionId=-10000000, op=Scavengers, date=1490272950611, message=Scavengers offered a peace treaty! Since you haven't been attacking for some time, we wanted to make peace, permission=0] on Server(0) -> fid(-10000000)
    [FACTIONMANAGER] updated news on Server(0) for factionID -10000000; delete: false
    [FACTIONMANAGER] trying to add news entry: FactionNewsPost [factionId=-9999998, op=Outcasts, date=1490272950611, message=Outcasts offered a peace treaty! Since you haven't been attacking for some time, we wanted to make peace, permission=0] on Server(0) -> fid(-9999998)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    NPC factions are like that by design. It's very annoying. these lines in the npcConfig.xml control how often they run the check:

<DiplomacyStatusCheckDelay>60000<!--Check for status effects (war, etc)--></DiplomacyStatusCheckDelay>

<DiplomacyTurnEffectDelay>60000<!--Time for turn effects to apply to points--></DiplomacyTurnEffectDelay>

<DiplomacyTurnEffectChangeDelay>60000<!--Time for turn effects to change (falloff or get stronger depending on direction)--></DiplomacyTurnEffectChangeDelay>

Your best bet would be to increase the time. For some reason it's in milliseconds. You could try changing it to 900,000 (15 min) instead of the 1 min currently. I plan on doing this to the NPC configs on Light Vs Dark soon as well just to reduce the crap spamming the console and give the NPC's decisions a bit more weight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Likeable
    NPC factions are like that by design. It's very annoying. these lines in the npcConfig.xml control how often they run the check:

<DiplomacyStatusCheckDelay>60000<!--Check for status effects (war, etc)--></DiplomacyStatusCheckDelay>

<DiplomacyTurnEffectDelay>60000<!--Time for turn effects to apply to points--></DiplomacyTurnEffectDelay>

<DiplomacyTurnEffectChangeDelay>60000<!--Time for turn effects to change (falloff or get stronger depending on direction)--></DiplomacyTurnEffectChangeDelay>

Your best bet would be to increase the time. For some reason it's in milliseconds. You could try changing it to 900,000 (15 min) instead of the 1 min currently. I plan on doing this to the NPC configs on Light Vs Dark soon as well just to reduce the crap spamming the console and give the NPC's decisions a bit more weight.

Just a little clarification

:~/starmade/StarMade$ cat customNPCConfig/HOWTO.txt
    Copy the startupConfig and folders over from ./data/npcConfigs to use them as your default npc configurationsstarmade

...but there is no ./data/npcConfigs folder... there is a npcFactions folder which contains

:~/starmade/StarMade$ ls data/npcFactions/
    npcConfigDefault.xml npcSpawnConfig.xml Outcasts Scavengers Trading Guild

...so I a took my chances and MADE A BACKUP and then copied the contents of npcFactions to customNPCConfig and then modified the npcConfig.xml in each of the factions folders... restarted the server and it's running now though I haven't done testing. I will post back if there's any problems or if I screwed up in my above assumptions.