Faction loss due to login

Reaction score
    Hi,
    I am currently running into the problem, that on login I respawn in a different system with a very different inventory, losing all my cash and - worst of all - faction-association.

I am playing survival, SP ... so it is easy to admin warp and join my used to be faction again ... but after a few days, it is getting annoying. Is there any solution I missed, when searching the forums? I even made a fresh, clean new install (forgot to backup those two blueprints ;-) )

Looking forward to your input,
    regards,
    Voulxe (aka FallCon)

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Are you playing via steam?

There were some issues in the past with files being reset by steam (or in some way locked from writing).
    If this problem is still happening after a reinstall, you may try using the launcher outside of steam. (You can either alter the build-path and let it create a new installation, or just create a completely isolated copy, by downloading the new launcher from our site and placing it in like: C:\Starmade

- Andy

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Are you playing via steam?

There were some issues in the past with files being reset by steam (or in some way locked from writing).
    If this problem is still happening after a reinstall, you may try using the launcher outside of steam. (You can either alter the build-path and let it create a new installation, or just create a completely isolated copy, by downloading the new launcher from our site and placing it in like: C:\Starmade

- Andy
    You can also simply move the steam install folder elsewhere on your HD and steam will bother it no more (or at least that was my experience - though i doubt you guys have added CEG to starmade on there).

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    CEG?

Well moving the whole steam folder would also work, but depending on the size of the library, that may be a lot of file-moving.
    So it may be easier to just move one game out of it. =)

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    A DRM system made by Valve offered freely to any dev utilising Steam. It prevents games running without the client and without being in the correct install space. The steamapi.dll is an offshoot of that, and thusly, when a dev doesnt remove all trace of it for DRM free distributions, there can be issues - especially if the person downloading the game has Steam installed, or traces of the client leftover from a prior installation (this of course is dependant on what the dev did regarding CEG / Steamworks). I've personally had "DRM Free" games from other platforms lock up due to this.

Reaction score
    I have Starmade installed via Steam. I'll go for this solution and will only opt in again, if it should not work.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    A DRM system made by Valve offered freely to any dev utilising Steam. It prevents games running without the client and without being in the correct install space. The steamapi.dll is an offshoot of that, and thusly, when a dev doesnt remove all trace of it for DRM free distributions, there can be issues - especially if the person downloading the game has Steam installed, or traces of the client leftover from a prior installation (this of course is dependant on what the dev did regarding CEG / Steamworks). I've personally had "DRM Free" games from other platforms lock up due to this.
    Ah, okay, heard CEG only together with DRM and Steam, but did not see it could be related to this, and assumed it has to be something else.

I have Starmade installed via Steam. I'll go for this solution and will only opt in again, if it should not work.

Okay, sound good.

- Andy

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Ah, okay, heard CEG only together with DRM and Steam, but did not see it could be related to this, and assumed it has to be something else.
    Thats my point - I dont see Schine adding DRM for any reason, at which point, moving the folder is often a good option (especially if you have crap net - so you dont have to d'l again).

:)