Faction Customization

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Over the past few days, I've seen few posts/comments talking about faction customization (such as this recent one) so I though I might as well give my thoughts on this.

Territory Color
    As talked about in the previous link, Faction customization via colors would add a new dynamic to the game. Yes, it could result in neighboring factions matching their colors to appear as one, large faction, but it could also allow allied factions to do the same, showing their unity. The problems with this could be solved by putting some kind of marker, such as a grid of lines to show where one faction begins and the other ends.
    In addition, as mentioned in the linked post, if your factions builds ships with certain color blocks, changing the color of your factions territory to match could be nice.
    My third argument for this is purely for satisfactory purposes, as many players, including myself, simply want to chose their faction color.

Ranks
    The inability to add or remove ranks is something that's bothered me from the first time I made a faction. Having that ability would be helpful in large factions, as the many members could be assigned different levels of access to ships. Furthermore, it would be nice to have customizable permissions and/or 'faction permission blocks' similar to public permission blocks. (I got this idea from the first question on this Q&A thread).

Homebases
    Finally, I'd like to talk about Faction homebases. Their invulnerability is too powerful and can be sustained by one person logging on for a few hours once every other week to gain the necessary faction points. Like the previous suggestion, this one comes from this Q&A thread, sixteen comments after the main Q&A post.
    To conclude, I believe that, instead of invulnerability, homebases should have some kind of bonus, such as increased shield regeneration, or block regeneration (as if it were being hit by an astrotech beam).

Please note that all ideas with links to other posts/comments were the original poster's/commenter's ideas. I do not take credit for them; I put them here because I agree with what they are saying.