Extract ship file from a corrupted / glitchy Starmade folder

Reaction score
    So, my computer is kinda dumb i guess, and now when I load up starmade it has an error message and all that. So I can't access it. But I was building a new ship. Is there a way I can take the file for it and make it useable in a new copy of starmade? Thanks

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    If you saved your ship, it should be in the blueprints folder within your StarMade folder. (For example, on my computer it's location is C:\Program Files\StarMade\StarMade\blueprints) In there, you can copy the file name of the ship you want, and paste it into that same blueprints folder on a fresh install of Starmade.

However if you did not save your ship, and that there may be a way to get it, but I'd have to look into that more to see if it's possible (or someone else might jump in and say how it's done). But regardless, if you do not often save your ships, I'd suggest making a habit of it when you have ships you care about. Many people will have numerous saves of their larger ships just so that if something happens they can go back to one of their saves instead of losing a lot (or all) of their progress.

Reaction score
    Yeah i haven't saved it. And yeah I always save them but this was just a work in progress ship and then randomly one day starmade wouldnt start. Also it ate my space station. It was just gone one day. Maybe, aliens.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    You may be able to find your ship in the server-database folder within the StarMade folder, but I'm not sure if that would work to copy-paste, I'm doubtful of that. It may be simpler to get your Starmade working. You could get a fresh installation of StarMade, but backup your server-database folder, and your blueprints folder (if you have any blueprints you want saved). Then re-install StarMade, replace those folders in the new StarMade folder with the server-database folder and/or blueprints folder you saved, and then try running the game. This will ensure that the base game files are as they should be, and your world with all your ships will remain just as before.

If you still cannot get StarMade to run, then it would be helpful to know if you get any errors and if so, what are they? Does your game load to 100% then crash? Or is something else not right? Perhaps there is a problem with your Java or you are experiencing a bug due to your computer hardware? Without knowing those things, it is difficult to understand and fix the problem if StarMade is not working.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen