• Needs more dank memes

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

TheDerpGamerX

Lord of Lawnmowers
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    (This is in the general section, because its less of a server and more of a concept right now)

While I was in chat, a brilliant idea struck me.
    I've always believed StarMade needed more exploration mechanics. I want all those planets and systems and crap to actually have meaning. Thats why I want to make an exploration focused StarMade server with custom NPC stations and ships.

Players could form groups with their friends and adventure together. However, they can not upload their own ships. Instead they would start out with a pre-made ship, which they would use to start out with and explore. Eventually, as they discovered more places and got more resources, they can make their own base. If a player group wanted to use their own ships, they could submit a ship to the server, and if the admins gave the ok, they would be able to use that ship for their travels.

Instead of PvP, the server would focus on exploration and expansion. While there would be some PvP areas, players would focus on making bases and expanding, while defending said bases against hostile npcs. Large factions could make their own city-stations, which could act as trading and resources hubs for others. If they have enough resources, they could purchase an "asteroid base". While normal asteroid mining would still be a thing. The "asteroid base" would auto generate resources based off how many asteroids and resources are in the area. It would give a large bonus compared to normal asteroids as well, in order to encourage people to use the system (Obviously you wouldn't mine your own asteroid base). You could also upgrade your base to produce more resources at a time. Other stations like shipyards, would help you construct ships, and could also be upgraded. If they have cargo ships, players can assign those ships to deliver resources from station to station. You could also have processing stations, which would take raw resources, and extract materials from them. It could also craft blocks to be transported to shipyards. These could also be upgraded to fill a specific specialty.

It won't have quests, but rather goals/tasks, that players would complete for rewards. These goals could be to find something inside an abandoned station, or to get a certain amount of items. The server would constantly be updated with more of these.

Obviously I cannot do this alone, and I am asking if A) Anyone would be interested in the idea and B) If anyone wants to help. We would need script writers and builders, as well as an decent admin team.

Tell me what you think below, and if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Reactions: Aesthetics