exe icon

would you like to see either my icons or any other icons added to the exe?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    i have seen the exe without the icon long enough, so i took matters into my own hands, and made two icon files for the launcher, i hate seeing the "no icon" icon from windows, so i took the logo, made it into an icon, and made a black version, in case somepeople would prefer that, and it now looks so much better. as i stated, i would like to see an icon on the exe, i have played a variety of games, far inferior to starmade, with proper icons.

In case anyone wants them i have uploaded them to the thread

Attachments

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Can you give us screenshots, instead of a download file? I'm very careful about what I download.

Reactions: Nerixel
    Reaction score
    It would be nice, especially the fact that I tend to mix it up with a few other exe files on my desktop :/. Right now the only way to change the icon is to use Resource Hacker or something like that :P

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah it has alwasy bugged me until i just changed the icon myself. it shouldn't be more than a 5 minute job to convert the starmade logo into .ico file and change the exe icon for the devs

Reaction score
    Elit3, to see the icon, just look at the logo on the top of the site, but without the starmade text. and in black as well.

SgtFlexxx, i have tried with resource hacker, but my pc keeps seeing the new exe file as a virus, so i cant make it.

aceface, i allready made the icons, they are in the zip file, two types, one white(as the logo here) and one black, in case you have a white theme on your pc.

Reaction score
    I think Crusade could probably do a really nice icon, but i think that since the game should use the one that they have on the forum now. it doesnt have to be overly complicated, just a simple icon, i would be happy with that until atleast full game release, even then depending upon how it looks, it may not need to be changed.

Reaction score
    Daxwern, you coul try my icons, simple white and black version of the forum picture, without the text. you can of course make it yourself, using paint and a online site to convert a png to ico.

Reaction score
    I've known how to do it for a while, but i tend to wait for an official version, mainly cause i suffer from a lethal disease called procrastination.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Daxwern, you coul try my icons, simple white and black version of the forum picture, without the text. you can of course make it yourself, using paint and a online site to convert a png to ico.
    i think yours are too simple on the time now im using crusades icon

Reaction score
    i think yours are too simple on the time now im using crusades icon
    thats your choice, i cant force you(yet) i just prefer a simple icon over no icon, but i might make my own version of an advanced icon, but not sure yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    thats your choice, i cant force you(yet) i just prefer a simple icon over no icon, but i might make my own version of an advanced icon, but not sure yet.
    do what you wand i don't force you to to use crusades icon

Reaction score
    so long as i dont fall victim to more procrastination i'll probably eventually get an icon for the game, but at the moment i dont really find the lack of a icon that concerning really. but if i do use on, it'll have to have blank space behind the starmade icon, so that way my icon shows through and it doesnt look hideous. I'll talk with crusade and see if he cant make one with an alpha background.

Reaction score
    I made the quickest video possible if you are OCD about icons like I am, took 2 minutes tops, really easy :/. of course, you could just use a shortcut, but if you don't want to, then here's how to change the .exe file itself, kinda handy for other .exe files with no icon as well

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    not having an exe icon doesnt really effect me, i have looked at the starmade one for about 9-10 months :P