Exclusive Battle Mode Server

Reaction score
    So after I found out about the new Battle Mode, I thought that maybe some one could host a server dedicated to doing Battles.

But I'm not sure how it would work, for example, if people are allowed to spawn any ship, it would just be filled with huge ships downloaded of the internet. Maybe restrict the amount of credits allowed, but I don't know if this can be done, so I will leave this to people that are smarter than me.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    You could turn off blueprints. this would mean you can restrict people to what they can build (restrict this further by increasing the costs of items in shops to insanely high levels) and what you spawn them.

You could probably contact gravypod to make you a plugin for his wrapper, I'm sure he would help out with the server aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    You could turn off blueprints. this would mean you can restrict people to what they can build (restrict this further by increasing the costs of items in shops to insanely high levels) and what you spawn them.

You could probably contact gravypod to make you a plugin for his wrapper, I'm sure he would help out with the server aswell.
    Wouldn't that restrict players too much? It takes a long time to build ships, especially large ones, and even longer if they will make it detailed.

I for one can't host a dedicated server, I don't meet the requirements, that's why I opened this thread, to get the idea across. And to discuss how this idea will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

therimmer96

Reaction score
    ah, I thought you wanted to have people fight pre-selected ships.

Reaction score
    ah, I thought you wanted to have people fight pre-selected ships.
    I want to have people join the server that focuses just on battle mode. So when they join, they spawn in a ship, but the problem comes with this is that everyone chooses huge ships that they just got of the internet. So in order to fix this, blueprints could be disabled like you said, and the players have to build them, which isn't a problem, but it takes a long time to build a ship, and then there has to be plugins for anti grief, which would complicated things further.

Maybe when someone joins, they start with a small, but not too small amount of credits, and with each battles they win or lose, they earn a certain amount of credits depending if the battle was won or lost, and maybe depending on the amount of damage they did, this way people can save up for larger and more efficient ships. What I'm suggesting is just my idea, I don't know if any of this can be done.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    How about when they join, they are automatically teleported to a random sector (with checks inplace to make sure its not a sun), but before they get TP'd there, a station gets imported to the sector with chest full of every item. This could be done with Gravypods wrapper with a fair amount of ease, allows you to limit what they can and cant build with and how much they have to build with

Reaction score
    How about when they join, they are automatically teleported to a random sector (with checks inplace to make sure its not a sun), but before they get TP'd there, a station gets imported to the sector with chest full of every item. This could be done with Gravypods wrapper with a fair amount of ease, allows you to limit what they can and cant build with and how much they have to build with
    If they are restricted like that, solves the issue of the amount of time needed to build a ship, but then there will be no large ships on the battle field, making things a bit more, boring. But otherwise that will work.

I'm going off now, I'll check this thread tomorrow.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    well, as i said, you can decide how big they can build, and you could probably build a few ships that are hulls that need configuring, or a chassis people can configure how they like