Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So i recently got a new laptop(hurray) but when i press on the launcher and click "start game" it shows up an error saying:

Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    Anyone know how to fix it?

EDIT: apparently the game thinks this is a 32 bit laptop..
    EDIT2: for some reason i had 32 bit java, but now the fullscreen(the one you get when clicking the square next to minimize) is bugged and it appears as like 1/4 of what it should be so i had to change resolution manually, i can't get it to fill the 100% without "overfilling"(some stuff being outside the screen) it

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm getting the same error. But i just updated my java an now i get that error. Did you ever figure your issue uot?
    I was Suggested to use this. Link it didnt help.

Reaction score
    windows 7 Home Premium, 16 gig Ram,
    I have my starmade from steam an its on my secondary hard drive. my primary is for the operating system.

I tried 1 gig an now it dose nothing. ? Did i fup by updateing my java. now the game wont even play. wow. it starts when I kick it back down to 512. but the game keeps asking for more memory, an freezes.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The game needs at least 2 to 4 gigs of memory to function. As for what's breaking I got no idea.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Please use the "upload a file" option here and add one of the logfiles (log.txt.x) from Starmade/logs (or where ever steam stores that).
    best would be one of those with a timestamp from a start with 512 MB.