Entity Inventory editing

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Started a investigation on this for a project I'm working on, from dumping the database structure it appears inventories aren't stored there.

Which indicates to me that inventories are stored in the entity files, so I would like to ask,
    How safe is it to modify a live entity file and if not are there any alternatives to modify a non-player inventory live from the server side of things?

If there is no safe method for a live edit I'll go drop this in suggestions.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    The stuff in the starting inventory is under the GameConfig file if I remember right.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Talking about inventories on ships, stations, planets, and asteroids.
    If there is no easy way to modify them I'll just soft unload the entities if loaded and modify the entity files directly.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Started a investigation on this for a project I'm working on, from dumping the database structure it appears inventories aren't stored there.

Which indicates to me that inventories are stored in the entity files, so I would like to ask,
    How safe is it to modify a live entity file and if not are there any alternatives to modify a non-player inventory live from the server side of things?

If there is no safe method for a live edit I'll go drop this in suggestions.
    I would say that's probably not safe at all. Due to threading concerns and race conditions with the server.