Engine Tweak

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what if the top speed of a ship scaled down as the number of engine blocks scaled up. That way, a small fighter could reach high speed, but a large capital ship would be limited.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That.... really wouldn\'t make any sense. Sure, that may not be the most important aspect of the game, but still, I really think capitals should be significantly faster than smaller ships when it comes to going from point a to point b. Fighters should still be more agile, but that\'s about it.

Reaction score
    Look, already ingame is a power soft cap that makes anything higher than 1M regen very annoying to make.

Due to this, capital acceleration (and thus relative speed) is also soft capped, even more so on athetically pleasing ships.

So stop asking for bloody stupid ideas that ruin the already soft capped system.

Reaction score
    Thrusters consume very little power. If your ships run out of power because of THRUSTERS, you have issues.

Reaction score
    Your observations should show that large capitals are already incapable of constant rapid movement due to the soft cap of energy regen.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    With FTL I think large ships will trade sublight-thrust for FTL-thrust.

http://star-made.org/content/thrusters-and-after-burners

Calbiri mentioned that he thinks as the player\'s ship nears the maximum speed, it should be harder and harder to reach it.

With that it would make large ships most times slower.

And give a reason to use figthers with a high evasion rate.

evasion = thrust *distance-to-attacker /projectile-speed /ship-size

Small ships have less ship-size, thus more evasion.