Suggested Encourage Battles by going green (Recycling)

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Example: I need Sertise to add punch through to my beam weapons on my ship, but all of the Laminar astroids have been mined :(

Extract the Sertise from the shield capacitors of defeated ships :)
    this could be done by adding more recipes to the Micro Assembler, or by adding a Recycler block. Simply put in a shield capacitor and get out 25 Sertise, and 25 Rammet, or maybe instead get out 2 raw Serise, and 2 raw Rammet.

Just a thought :)

Reactions: BlackTangent

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This would help a lot with making way more of something than you need as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I agree and i think we should be able to recycle most blocks. Also, make Blue asteroids less rare, to the point were you can actually find some in the outer belts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    on the test server we discovered they aren't rare, they are non existent. there are conditions where scheema himself has confirmed they should be spawning and aren't. so obviously something is wrong there we think its being looked into.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yeah, i haven't found any so i thought they were really rare (they have been for a long time). The only one i have found is the one at the starting area.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    that's another issue he said they aren't supposed to spawn there. we think something is wrong with it in general. in my personal opinion he chose the wrong resources to be rare. we need them to make some of the most basic things in the game, kinda a bad thing when servers get over populated.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If nothing else, AI shops could simulate recycling by reducing excess material inventory, such as rock, and adding a lesser amount of something more useful to inventory, like shield blocks. Shops need some reason to reduce their excess inventories, so that players can continue to sell to them.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would be cool if when you left a ship to completely overheat, just before it finishes, the Trade Guild comes and salvages it, storing the materials in the nearest shop/trade station.

Reactions: Lecic

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm pretty sure there's an unused recycler block in the code.

It would be cool if when you left a ship to completely overheat, just before it finishes, the Trade Guild comes and salvages it, storing the materials in the nearest shop/trade station.
    Maybe this should only happen if you're within a few sectors of a trade guild station or shop. It doesn't make much sense for the trade guild to show up and salvage pirate ships you fought in the void between galaxies.