Effective pattern for large variable size reactors

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This design works best for sizes larger than 5*5*5 and odd size dimensions (Although can be done), it also works for non-cudes just lenghten the sides. I like to use this as when working with larger designs that is a quick and easy way to build reactors, as finding the best design for a spefic size can take a long time. small reactors are easy enough to find the best solutions.

Link to the design (uploaded backwards):http://imgur.com/a/MPeC2#15

don't forget to fill in any gaps left inbetween by the two oppsite 'snakes'

P.S: I call then snakes as I imagine them as snakes following each other and spiralleling around the oppsite side snakes, :) .

Please post questions and suggestion below.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a good design, it seem it would take up all the room you gave but, but the amount of power it gives seems kinda small, So I\'m wondering if you built it on a small scale, or you added a Extra power gen somewere causing a extra link in the system causing a issue.

With the setup you made it looks great, and it might work on my battle ship depending on the amount on power recharge I can get from it and my tests I have, since I\'ve made 2 Engines in a barrel form have a recharge of 210k each. Tho it isn\'t a good design the area i need make is double of these generators so hopfully it will make the 400k+ recharge I need for my ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s only a 9*9*9 in this design and it get\'s you 65624, by comparison the best 5*5*5 reactor I seen generates 9927, dividing by their respective volumes this 9*9*9 design gets 90 regen/m^3 and the 5*5*5 is 79.4regen/m^3, so it\'s allows better to build larger reactors.

What dimensions are those reactors of your\'s then?

Reaction score
    Done something similar to this as a 34x34x34 ish, took me several hours to build, then realised that there was a 1mill cap on box dimensions...such a shame. If you like i can post screenshots?

Reaction score
    If you can, it is better to have a long, single block width line that goes the length of your ship (and if possibe, the width / height too).

For example, if you have a total length of 100 blocks in your shape (assuming no \"overlap\" that causes you to get less for that spot), you\'d get 48,959.40 regen.

Two of those would give 97,918.80

However, a single 200 version of the above would yield 152,463.80, or 54,545 more power (that is MORE than one of the 100 itself, saving you over 100 blocks!)

So instead of making a bunch of small reactor lines, make large single ones as you get more power / block (and thus mass)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Starmade/comments/1hn9q6/info_starmade_by_the_numbers_part_2_power_blocks/