Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    The Dovan Empire
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

(Tiberius Class Mining Cruiser Mk11)

About Us:

The Dovan Empire is a long-standing faction with a long history in Starmade. We have stood the test of time, and are one of the oldest factions in Starmade. While we have remained relatively small, our ships are powerful and destructive. We were once part of the OAS alliance, but we have decided to go our own way. If you are looking to join a fun and awesome faction, join the Dovan Empire!

Inside the faction, we have multiple divisions, each consisting of a few players. Each division is in charge of performing a certain task. Right now, there are 4 divisions: The Imperial Navy, Dovan Intelligence Agency (DIA), Dovan Shipyards, Dovan Research Institute of Future Technologies (DRIFT), and The Mining Corps. Eventually, we hope to have more than just these 5. Each group has a captain, and a set of ships it’s members can use. A ship will be supplied to each new member in accordance with their division. If a player loses their ship, and it is deemed that it is their fault, they must pay for a new one. As a member ranks up in their division, they can apply to get better ships. High ranking officials can switch between divisions when needed.

More division Details:

=The Imperial Navy=

As a member of the navy, your job is to enforce the laws and carry out assault and defense missions. You are our strength and muscle. You are to carry out orders given out by your superiors.

=DIA=

As a member of the DIA, your role is to gather intelligence. Espionage is key. You discover potential threats to the empire and its allies and take them out before they become a problem. As DIA, you are not to steal blueprints, or use exploits to unfaction homebases and such.

=Dovan Shipyards=

As a member of Dovan Shipyards, you will construct our fleets. Whether it be on a private server or on a shipyard, you create the ships that we fly. Each ship must fit within certain guidelines.

=The Mining Corps=

As a member of the mining corps, you are in charge of trade and mining. You get the resources we need to get our ships on the server.

=DRIFT=
    DRIFT is dedicated to inventing new technologies, and as a member of DRIFT you will be tasked with creating new technologies for us to implement.

Join Today!

Simply fill out the application below and post it to this thread. we will probably accept your application

In-game name:

What division are you applying for? (Please choose what you are best at)

Have you been in any factions before? if so which one(s):

Timezone:

Pictures of Builds (Shipyards only):

Anything you want us to know?:

We use discord! We will send you the link for the chat once you join.

Servers

Brierie

Allies:

UIS

Order of Bogatyrs

Wiki:

Dovan Empire Wikia

(WIP)

Members:

=God Emperor=
    -Miraak

=Imperator=
    -TheDerpGamer

=Grand Admiral=
    -Forrest

Admiral
    -Swedish Chef
    -X9r

Captain
    -Kinny09
    -Disscord
    -Captain Skwidz
    -Fat_loser

Commander
    -Axp8

Private
    -Benjiboso

Ships:

The design of the original Tiberius dates back to late 2013, and it has served the empire for many years. This new Mk11 is far more powerful and stylish than the original model.

March of the Dovan Imperial Navy

DNN

DNN 9/29/2016
    I know we just had a news report, but there’s been a lot happening recently. First, the USN attempted to recruit The Federation (and OAS faction) for their alliance. The Federation said no thankfully, and has proven their trustworthiness to the OAS. The federation has been stated that they will be standing with OAS. When the OAS agreed to fight the USN, we agreed to have honorable conduct and combat. But this is obviously not honorable conduct/combat. In response, the Dovan Empire has mobilized lawnmower kill squads.
    Basically:

DNN 3/8/2017

First, we have been working on getting our new homebase on GenX. The "Screaming Obelisk Base" will soon be completed. Its basically just 5 giant pillars with massive turrets at each end. It's much more aesthetically pleasing than the old Asteroid Base, which had started out cool but quickly devolved into a mess of enhancers and power bricks. This new homebase comes with all the essentials and has been described by many as "dank".

In other news, work on the DES-Sovngarde Class Supertitan has begun. It is meant to be a powerful flagship and carrier, and can turn the tide of any battle. The hangar actually has the potential to hold 156 drones.....but no way in hell am I docking that many.

Also, the rail door on the hangar is extremly slow, I might remove it.

To view archived DNN news, please click the link below:

Archived DNN Thread']https://starmadedock.net/threads/dovan-news-network-dnn.556/'

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bogdan

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    DNN 9/29
    I know we just had a news report, but there’s been a lot happening recently. First, the USN attempted to recruit The Federation (and OAS faction) for their alliance. The Federation said no thankfully, and has proven their trustworthiness to the OAS. The federation has been stated that they will be standing with OAS. When the OAS agreed to fight the USN, we agreed to have honorable conduct and combat. But this is obviously not honorable conduct/combat. In response, the Dovan Empire has mobilized lawnmower kill squads.
    Basically:

Also, I accidentally deleted the last post, but its still in the DNN spoiler.

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    Updated main post with some general info about ranks and stuff. If you think anything else should be added, let me know.

Also, TheDerpGamer is back on GenX. Apparently he was never banned in the first place.

I hope that this new thread will attract members.

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    Just wanted to show off a brand new ship!
    Ok, its not really brand new. It's an older ship that has had a total overhaul. But it turned out really good! The Dreadstar is a titan used extensively by the Dovan Empire on Elwyn Eternity. It performed really well back then, and it should do now. Though I am thinking it needs more AMS. I shall be adding this beauty under the ships tab on the main post.

Also, I shall begin making a new series all about designing stuff for competitive factions PvP

Last edited:
    Reactions: Indigo Slimez

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    That picture is very misleading, size wise! It looks so small until you pay attention XD

Markonius

Head of Finance at OOB
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Allies:

A proud member of the Onus Autonomous Singularity (OAS)

Order of Bogatyrs

Trinova Technologies
    The way you wrote this makes it look like you are allied with "A proud member of the Onus Autonomous Singularity (OAS)". Perhaps it is better to place that separately, so that it is more clear that you are part of organisation yourself.
    Great Ship. I recall seeing this ship long ago and it certainly does look even more fearsome now, especially once you zoom in and understand how big this really is (deceptively so).

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    Just wanted to show off the model for our new ship:
    DES-Nahkriim Class Dreadnaught
    I haven't tried it in VR, but I imagine it looks pretty cool.
    It hasn't been imported yet, but I thought it looked really cool and I just wanted to show it off. It will be a 1km long Dreadnaught, outfitted with our most advanced technology and it will have firepower that rivals that of entire factions. I'm not going to smooth the whole thing out, that would take too long. Does anyone know how to mirror it so both sides are the same?

Reactions: Jojomo
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It hasn't been imported yet, but I thought it looked really cool and I just wanted to show it off. It will be a 1km long Dreadnaught, outfitted with our most advanced technology and it will have firepower that rivals that of entire factions. I'm not going to smooth the whole thing out, that would take too long. Does anyone know how to mirror it so both sides are the same?
    Looks very tentacle-y... >.>

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It will be a 1km long Dreadnaught, outfitted with our most advanced technology and it will have firepower that rivals that of entire factions.
    You're aware, of course, that building kilonaughts is an entirely wasteful excercize, even for competent builders?

The facts are simple and concretely established at this point: Numbers matter far more than mass. This ship, if it is completed, will be readily defeated by a fleet that qualifies as so much as "decent" in design.

On top of that, you've split the design into a number of very thin, easily-severed prongs. Considering the apparent size of this, it's almost as if you want your power auxiliaries to be vapourized the second your shields drop.

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    Looks very tentacle-y... >.>
    Its basically a larger version of the Ulurugoth, one of our ships currently in service. I was having trouble building it in game so I modeled it in Galciv and just imported it.

--Trigger Warning--

You're aware, of course, that building kilonaughts is an entirely wasteful excercize, even for competent builders?

The facts are simple and concretely established at this point: Numbers matter far more than mass. This ship, if it is completed, will be readily defeated by a fleet that qualifies as so much as "decent" in design.

On top of that, you've split the design into a number of very thin, easily-severed prongs. Considering the apparent size of this, it's almost as if you want your power auxiliaries to be vapourized the second your shields drop.
    Normally, I wouldn't indulge in your pathetic forum warrioring as this is a thread for recruitment and updates, but I'm not feeling myself today, so here we go.

First, building kilonaughts is not wasteful. It is a very good idea. Especially since this ship isn't really 1km of ship, its 1km of tendrils so obviously it will need to be larger so to make up for the limited interior space. Also, we are entirely competent builders. While our weapons may not be quite up to Syndicus level (and i do plan on borrowing their tech for this ship), they are more than powerful enough to go against the ships of large factions. Or do I have to remind you about a certain incident involving lawnmowers?

You forget that the block limit for fleets on GenX is 300k, so any AI fleets large enough to pose a threat to this ship would be illegal. When you compare the size of the Narada and the Enterprise, the Narada is huge. If you see a titan that dwarfs your titan, you usually get worried, and maybe even terrified.

Do you even know how this game works? First, you cannot "sever" anything. If you cut a ship in half, it will still move as one entity. Second, the design is actually highly efficient. Take a look at power reactors. If i were to build a line that starts at the core of the ship and goes through each tendril, you would get insane regen. We will not need aux power for this ship, due to it's design. Weapons are another thing. I could put devastating weapons throughout the tendrils, and due to weapon grouping and stacking, it would allow for extremely powerful weapons to be put in the tendrils so that defense systems like shields could be put in the back.

I will not continue this discussion further on here, as this is not the place for such things. If you want to take it to the role play forums that would be fine by me but please do not post this shit on a recruitment and update thread.

Reaction score
    Wow, I think that is honestly the coolest looking ship I have yet seen in SM! I'm a big fan of "organic" designs. Two thumbs up!

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    Wow, I think that is honestly the coolest looking ship I have yet seen in SM! I'm a big fan of "organic" designs. Two thumbs up!
    I thought about making the making the tendrils move using rails, but that would be too hard.

Reaction score
    In-game name:
    Volcano

Wolf

Nope, i have mostly played solo because no one wanted me D:

Timezone:
    UTC+01:00

Pictures of Builds (Panther only):
    Well i wouldnt say im the greatest att accualy building

i can be online often :D

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    In-game name:
    Volcano

Wolf

Nope, i have mostly played solo because no one wanted me D:

Timezone:
    UTC+01:00

Pictures of Builds (Panther only):
    Well i wouldnt say im the greatest att accualy building

i can be online often :D
    Accepted! Welcome to the Empire! I will pm you with a link to the discord.

Dovan Empire

Best Faction 10/10
    Reaction score
    The Dovan High Council has decided to launch Operation Mowerfall. The target is Unamed because he attacked OAS allies. As an OAS faction, we shall not stand for this heresy! This infidel will be purged!