Donut's CDP Shipwrights

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Well, I've been gone a while and I have returned. Haven't had time to build for a while, but it's about time to finish up a bunch of projects and put them on here. However, I can't be bothered to clean up my ancient threads, so I'm going to stuff everything I do in here and take it from there I guess.

=========================

Writings:

First things first, I just got the itch to write a little spess battle, its rough but take a look:

~= The Battle before Starmade =~

And a thing I did a while back (unfinished), don't mind the site, its an old project:

~= EarthGov Origins =~

I am writing something of much better quality right now, might put some of it up at a later date.

=========================

And the ship classification system I created a while back, all described in this post:

http://star-made.org/content/dmscs-unofficial-modular-ship-classification-system-new

=====================================================================

The Civil Defense Protectorate:

The CDP is a civillian organisation founded after the colonization and development of Gideran III, its primary objective is to provide military grade support to civillian operations outside of alliance space. Most of its activities revolve around diplomacy and small-scale skirmishes to ward off rogue factions and undesirable entrepeneurs. A strict style code concerning ship specifications and decoration has not been implemented, however, all CDP enlisted ships are expected to be moderately capable of handling any situation that comes up, the emphasis is mainly on versatility and psychology.

I also decided to release all my finished ship downloads.

CDP INTERNAL DATABASE:

These vessels are seeing current active use by the CDP, are ready to be retrieved and used by any interested third-party, and are considered more or less 'finished'.

The ISS Space Station:

A contract awarded to us by NASA, we were asked to reproduce a perfect replica of the early twentyfirst century ISS station, to comemmorate humanity's first steps to extraterrestrial habitation. The first station of the CDP line, the ISS is a modestly shielded, mostly aesthetic monument to human ingenuity.

The ISS is almost a 1:1 replica of the original (just a tad bigger for general 'roundness'), and comes with the patented CDP 'Spess Shuttle'. A true to its origins shuttle with moderate armaments,shielding and thust, focusing mainly on its 4 cargo bays, capable of carrying a respectable amount of modules, drones or whatever else you need moved.

The "Shepherd" type relic build of the ISS:

(Click pic for album)

Download (includes Spess Shuttle): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbn8zayqjqes4ht/ISS.smsec

(Download is a sector export, place it in Starmade/sector-export and import it ingame with /sector_import 2 2 2 ISS (replace 2 2 2 with desired coordinates of an unloaded sector))

The "Young" type all-round cargo vessel:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vopzta6v0i1ow/Spess_Shuttle.sment

The CDP Turing:

Despite our best efforts, at times the Protectorate does get involved in some hazardous situations that can only be resolved with a show of force, and a show of force is what this ship was designed to be. A highly classified project untill quite recently, the Turing prototype is the CDP's definitive answer to any high-profile combat situation.

Built from the ground up for pure psychological warfare, everything about this vessel was designed to be intimidating, with even the detachable 'head' being a menacing piece of work in its class. It houses a jaw-dropping amount of weapon systems (approximately 500, excluding turrets) spread out across the front of the ship, along with superior shielding, good thrust, 4 banks of ultra heavy turret mounts and several medium sized docking bays.

The 'head' of the vessel is in itself a fully functioning and armed vessel, equipped with anything a modern pilot could want, and more. Usefull for those situations when its just not very tactful to visit someone with a full-on warship.

The "Karnoff" type heavy assault loadout:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmhwox4pkaxp98q/CDP_Turing.sment

The CDP Roma:

Argueably the workhorse of the Protectorate, this vessel is without a doubt one of the most versatile vessels you will find in active service today. It has a luxurious interior fitted with a whole array of equipment, from a medical bay, to a high-tech bridge to a conference room for diplomatic duties, while also being armed to the teeth with a sizable array of weaponry and excellent shielding to boot. It is also equipped with a small docking bay capable of storing rudimentary service and transportation shuttles of your choosing.

The CDP Roma comes in two flavours:

The more elegant "Edinborough" design with basic weaponry and an included transport shuttle:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e11jgb0xtbzvii3/CDP_Roma_Plain.sment

And the all-out-war "Cairo" design, equipped with a vast array of turrets, adding considerably to the ship's firepower and overall combat prowess:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qesq9aspaclh04w/CDP_Roma_Heavy.sment

The CDP Saracen:

A somewhat older ship off the CDP line, the Saracen's somewhat antiquated weaponry does not match up to modern equivalents of its size and is therefore used mainly as a carrier and mothership for small skirmishes and diplomatic missions. While its weaponry might not be up-to-par, the Saracen is everything but lacking in the defense department, with a sizable shield array and 4 layers of reinforced hull plating all-round. Aditionally, the front of the ship is home to a roomy docking bay holding up to 5 medium sized vessels for extended capabilities in all areas including combat and defense.

The CDP Saracen is, once again, available in two variants:

The "Harken" type, 1st generation mothership loadout, with all the specifications mentioned above:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pt7t2cgd6v5hnb8/CDP_Saracen_Full.sment

And additionally, since the Saracen's basic exterior is still very much relevant, we're offering customers the chance to build their own loadout from scratch with the Saracen hull blueprint:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/epjaelobia9c3c3/CDP_Saracen_Hull.sment

The CDP Cheld:

A rather basic ship to say the least, it was one of the first combat-oriented ships to be produced by the Protectorate, converted from a near-star observatory vessel, the sizable frontal armor turned out to excell in combat situations despite its civillian roots. It is equipped with a modest array of high-power weaponry and basic missile capabilities, along with proper shielding and respectable thrust. Not the greatest ship in the universe, but definately a curious vessel, with a rich history.

The "Darklake" type loadout, the main-line loadout for CDP missions:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/016imqaulgya9sv/CDP_Cheld_Big.sment

The original "Shield" conversion, the first step in the version process with basic weaponry and shielding added in to the civillian blueprint:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vp7bi1145zyf549/CDP_Cheld_Small.sment

The CDP Cassius:

Even the CDP has the occasional need for stealthy vehicles. From this need the Cassius was born, a capable little craft with the ability to remain fully invisible to anything and everyone, stationary and in-flight. Also comes equipped with a modest array of particle weapons and a front mounted docking module to launch probes, pods or if neccesary; torpedoes.

The "Yaled" type standard loadout with all the basic functionality:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwmd6rp0xioyg0e/CDP_Cassius.sment

The CDP Duclin:

Another civilian ship converted for semi-military use, originally a luxury vessel for the upper class, it was outfitted with some basic offensive capabilities in the form of two weapon arrays mounted on either side of the vessel. It has a bit of firepower and its got shields, but its main purpose is to look pretty for the ambassidors it usually ferries through conflict zones and provide them with a nice view of space during the trip. It'll beat pirates, but dont expect it to win any dogfights in it.

The standard "Budapest" type loadout for light duties:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y82fxy0u1dj6xtn/CDP_Duclin.sment

The CDP Pelican Mk2:

The Pelican is one of three vessels designed under our contract with the UNSC. It is their main transport, attack and utility vehicle, versatile and well built to suite all the needs of a modern day navy. Excells as a dropship for planetary operations due to the 'wingy bits' according to our engineers.

The standard "Jenkins" loadout, a vast upgrade over the original Mk1:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/knxx7xm5v99nalk/CDP_Pelican_Mk2.sment

The Mk1 "Jimmy" loadout, the well known original pelican blueprint:

(Click pic for album)

Download: http://star-made.org/node/1407

The CDP Halcyon Mk2:

The Halcyon is the second of three vessels under our UNSC contract. It is an all-round vessel performing well in combat and support roles. It comes equipped with adequate weaponry and a nice range of turrets covering all angles of attack. Completely overhauled from the Mk1 to not be obsolete the moment it leaves the assembly line with shields and power that actually work and two central docking bays capable of carrying Pelican assault craft.

The Halcyon excels as a carrier/support cruisercapable of laying down a wide field of fire to protect its launched pelicans in combat. Interiors are slightly less extravagent than the Mk1, mostly due to the presence of actual ship systems in this version.

The "Larkin" type standard loadout for regular fleet ops:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7k68i6w1jwta8a/CDP_Halcyon_Mk2.sment

The Mk1 "Lumpy" type, it looks nice, but anything bigger than a handgun will kill it:

(Click pic for album)

Download: http://star-made.org/node/1409

The CDP Atlas Mk2:

The Atlas is the final vessel in our UNSC contract. It is a full-on attack frigate with more than capable offensive and defensive capabilities and a small docking bay. Just like the Halcyon Mk2, this version is a major upgrade over its predecessor with upgraded everything and still a bit of interior to walk in. The addition of several missile pods has also helped in increasing the Atlas' firepower considerably.

The "Johnson" type standard frigate blueprint:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duispsmvd0c1ncg/CDP_Atlas_Mk2.sment

The Mk1 "Jeremiah" type legacy blueprint for the die-hards I guess:

(Click pic for album)

Download: http://star-made.org/node/1408

The CDP Kardos:

A fast little frigate mainly meant for target practice, ideally suited for selling off to the pirate faction for some basic opponents. Features all the basics and quite a bit of armor for its size.

The "Bard" type light attack frigate:

(Click pic for album)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdjs874ervjvtff/CDP_Kardos.sment

The CDP Delta Flyer:

TBA w/ pics & dl

CDP DRYDOCKS:

The drydocks are where we house all our 'in progress' vessels, wether those be long-term construction schemes that won't be available for a while, or the close-to-being-finished prototypes that just need some tuning before widespread usage.

The CDP Archon:

The Archon prototype was born out of the Protectorate's need for a larger all-round diplomatic vessel akin to the "Roma", to complement its ever expanding operations in the field of civilian security. The vessel houses expansive interiors with richly decorated rooms and hallways designed to impress and influence visitors.

Once completed, the vessel will feature a full suite of offensive and defensive capabilities, aswell as several docking bays and allround balanced stats. The vessel is currently mainly used as an arena for the construction crew to play laser-tag in, to which it lends its self surprisingly well.

With roughly 70% of the ships exteriors and interiors completed, this prototype is currently awaiting final design stages and the installment of a full suite of electronics:

(Click pic for album)

The CDP Stahl:

A rather reclusive customer came to us a while back and requisitioned a powerfull warship based off some rough sketches he made on a piece of cardboard, we're not entirely sure if we should put that kind of firepower in this guys hands, but his credit rating was sound, so we just went ahead and got started while the Sales department sorted out the moral implications.

Its main feature is a supercharged fusion coil at the heart of the ship's specified design. Come to think of it, it might have been a coffee stain, but hey, fusion coil sounds better so we went with that. Once finished it will house numerous hanger bays and powerfull combat subsystems to complement its menacing appearance.

The Stahl prototype is currently in early stage of construction with only about 20% of the bodywork complete and built, awaiting further decyphering of the aforementioned sketch:

(Click pic for album)

The CDP Archangel:

The Archangel prototype is a rather old project of ours, it was originally meant to be the ultimate in ambassadorial splendor, but quickly became a financial nightmare as redesign upon redesign took its toll on the design team leaving us with a half-built hulk of a ship sitting around the yard.

The Archangel is on ice right now, plans are underway to streamline the investment to make the whole project viable once more, but for now the Archangel prototype is dead in the water:

(Click pic for album)

The CDP Nova:

Another contract offered to us by an organisation by the name of "The Federation", that approached us with the offer of building them a fully equipped science vessel compliant with the high standards of the CDP shipwrights. Naturally we accepted and are currently tinkering away at the wretched spawn from hell that is the sloped curve of the front of the ship.

However, we have all but finished this section of the ship, leaving us to construct the more 'manageable' sections of the ship, hopefully without resulting in any more engineer suicides before the deadline.

The prototype's hull is currently about 80% complete and awaiting a full set of carefully designed interiors for all the science that must be done inside upon launch:

The CDP Macedonia:

Just unveiled, this ship will be an refit and repair platform on a battleship scale (big).

Ship is about 10% done, with the fusion reactors built:

The CDP ???:

A slight veer off the beaten path for CDP shipyards, with a bright and colorfull support vessel to complement battlegroups.

about 20% done, with about half the hull and some interiors finished:

The CDP Infinity:

Undoubtedly our biggest project yet, the Infinity is a seperate contract awarded to us by the UNSC. It is a massive 1.2km ship that will house anything and everything one can imagine a ship to have, along with massive weapon systems, expansive interiors, multiple large/huge docking bays, internal transportation system etc etc.

This is one hell of a project, and CDP engineers have been working on it for a while now, safe to say that they need to keep working for quite a while longer to ever finish it:

Welp, that was it for now, gawd I've been typing for way too long... I like typing, allows me to clear my head, lets me put stuff in my head on the screen... Hi screen! Hi people! Right, I'll try to wrap up.

Eh... Check back often for updates I guess (or not, I don't care... [much]).

And eh, if you're actually reading this then thanks! My pointless poking at the keyboard has not been in vain! Unless I were to press Ctrl+A+Del, or backspace... Gawd I hope I dont hit backspace outside the window. That would suck.... better wrap this up then...

Bye guys! Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really nice ships! I really like your pelican design as compared to others I\'ve seen. I will deffinetly download some of these!

Reaction score
    aslsome you finnaly updated them thak donut!

EDIT: only the Saracen works all other have been modded.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That would be fantastic, as you\'re detail work on the existing ones is top-notch.

I also love the Roma and Duclin classes, excellent work as always.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Roma looks nice, but the turrets on the cario really look rushed and maybe slapped on. They don\'t fit well with the rest of the ship

ImperialDonut

Reaction score
    Thats why I went for the three loose barrels on a base structure rather than cramming it all into yet another turret-\'block\'. My personal preference I think.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Really loving the fusion reactors. I am tempted to incorporate them onto one of my ships.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Just read \"the story of starmade\" and I honestly think that schema should make it the official story. Excellent read, very detailed and realistically written, loved it :D

I just read the entire thread, nice ships and lore. It has been a pleasure to read/look at.

ImperialDonut

Reaction score
    While the Infinity is 1:3 (alsmost to scale), I\'ve been considering building a full sized Halcyon.

Not for a while tho ^^

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you ever need help with the detail work or interior design on either a scale Halcyon or your Infinity, I would be honored to work with you.

Here\'s some of my work that shows off aeshetics and interiors.

http://imgur.com/a/goLru

http://imgur.com/a/r6Avp

ImperialDonut

Reaction score
    I didn\'t edit them in any way, just saved and exported directly...

Might be a thing of the server you\'re trying it on?