Votes: 5 100.0%
    • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When I try and dock something on my titan for my door, it jumps really far away yet inexplicably stays docked. Here is the video demonstrating the issue:
    Plz help ASAP

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    When I try and dock something on my titan for my door, it jumps really far away yet inexplicably stays docked.
    It is not really a bug. The ship is to big for your servers cpu and that leads to this. I had it before on the 1st gen Light vs Dark server. My BattleCruiser could not dock to the Home Base. It also moved away while docked. After a server upgrade it could dock without problems.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Looks like a sector size issue to me too. Try clearing your client cache too, that might help.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Main Menu > Tools & Mods
    One click and you're done. Worth a try if you have increased the sector size. You could also still be on the edge of a sector or crossing sector boundaries.

Press C then move the ship so that the circle in the middle of your HUD is EXACTLY in the middle of the marker for the sector ahead and you are half way from it ( take into consideration the size of the ship ) and this should centre you in the sector.

BTW, that is a useful trick for making sure the centre of a space station is in the centre of the sector.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    BTW, that is a useful trick for making sure the centre of a space station is in the centre of the sector.
    Look at the various sector markers around you and make sure all the distances are equal. The station will spawn in front of you with it's sector marker centered. You need to compensate a bit if it is in the middle of the station or at an offset.

The Stations Sector marker is the first block you used when you started to build the station. The standard grey armor you get when you start a new station.

If you kept that at the centre of your build then you need to move backward from the centre. To accommadate for any station structure that protrudes between you and the Station marker. Aslo take care of the up and down sector markers distance.

Last edited:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Looks pretty much like the ship you dock to is registered in another sector.

As you play single player, mark the ship you want to dock to, and type:
    /teleport_selected_to 0 0 0
    and then teleport away from the sector for 30 seconds and come back.
    This will relocate the physical part of the ship to the new location as well.

After this the docking should work properly.
    You may have been building close to a sector border and passed it.

(Same problem happens when you build a station over a sector border, the docking request gets processed in the wrong sector and you end up stuck far away from the ship, until undocking again.)

- Andy

Reaction score
    I had similar symptoms too, and it turns out I was building right on sector border. Teleporting docking, docking points disappearing and so on. Ship parts also tend to undock sometimes while crossing sector boundaries, although that's fairly rare.

Could this be prevented by making ships always teleport to next sector and far enough from the border if they are close enough to cross the border? That should also happen if you get too close to border by building. Perhaps a warning that you are close to sector border?

edit: Perhaps sector "bleed" could be a solution too - that sector memory would range farther than actual border. Could be buggy when ships start colliding at the point, but an idea worth sharing anyways...

Reaction score
    Meanwhile it's 2019. This bug still isn't fixed...
    I have never experienced this on a single player server but it happens constantly on multiplayer servers, so I can't do the teleport command that was suggested above. It's also not just with very large titans, but even with the smallest vessels.
    I spawned the station in trough a blueprint. So I couldn't really choose where in the sector it appeared.
    Oh and the biggest issue: there is no fysical form of the ship. No invisible ship on the docking port and the visible ship 16 km off the station is not solid. So there is no way to enter my ship anymore...

Last edited: