Docking a large ship to a station (No exposed core)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi guys,

need help! I want to dock a large ship that has its core in the middle to a station.

Until now I only docket turrets to my ship, wich use the core as "Docking Port".

Since on my ship, the core is surrounded by lots and lots of blocks, I cannot do that.

So my question is, is there some kind of docking port I need to attach to my ship?

Is it even possible to dock giant ships that extend the outlined green docking space by far (if there is still enough room around)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have made a video on how to expand a docking area which should explain everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLSn_5Ey4g

You can dock a huge ship to a station with little issues as long as you have enough docking enhancers on the station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    your trying to use turret docking ports, in which cas you cant. but anyway it shouldent be to hard do what the other guys said.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    i know what he\'s talking about i have a medium sized ship ive built and the core is not exsposed in any way and i try to dock my ship it says the target is not compatible. the should fix this and aslo make it possible for SD cockpits to be aimed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I recall correctly, there\'s one major issue with docking ships with turrets docked to it: Chain docking isn\'t supported yet, so it\'s quite labor intensive to do it. You\'d have to undock everything that\'s docked to your ship, dock it, and then dock the turrets some where else. Not impossible, just a bit annoying.

When you dock with your ship, you\'re not going to be using the crosshair, but the docking beam that\'s emmited from the core. It\'s very possible to dock large scale ships, I dock my 275Mx175Mx33M ship all the time. It\'s about nailing the docking node with the beam, not the crosshair, just make sure the node is in range of your beam.