Docked Entities and camera blocks

Reaction score
    I was working on my ship and thought up a cool way to put security cameras in the halls and rooms. I made a docked entity that is a core and a bunch of camera blocks. Turns out that docked entities ignore the direction the camera is facing and my idea is a no go.

I assume this is a bug but I was wondering if other players have wanted to make systems similiar to this. Also how do people feel about camera blocks overall? What changes or additions have been brewing in your mind?

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Dock on what ? Turret axis or other rails ?

Reaction score
    Just normal rails. I haven't tested it with turrets.

EDIT: Just tested it with turrets and it is the same in both cases. The camera is always looking forward.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I remember way back when I first joined, a request to allow cameras to move side-to-side, yet still easily usable, as security cameras.

Reaction score
    I remember way back when I first joined, a request to allow cameras to move side-to-side, yet still easily usable, as security cameras.
    You could do it with rails but it'd be a real pain. This is definetely a low priority but more astronaut security measures are always welcome

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I think the default key is the right shift, which allows you to pan around while looking through a camera. Thus allowing you to look in any direction regardless of the facing of the camera.

Reaction score
    This would work if the view stayed on the same axis when you do this. When I tried to do this the view was too off center for it to work as intended. Either way I'd like the default view to be facing the same direction as the camera, as it does on undocked ships.