Do radar jammers work on turrets?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a question about radar jammers: Does the ship jammer keep the turrets from being targeted?

I have been contemplating putting jammers on my turret systems, but not on my ship, because my ship has over 2 million shields, but the turrets always seem to targeted first.

My theory is that if i put jammers on the turrets, then the ship would get ignored by pirates, and the ship would soak up most of the damage.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    There is no need to put jammers on turrets, and AI won't even use them. Turrets will however inherit cloak and jamming effects from the mother ship. Jammers also don't make pirates completely ignore you but makes them less accurate when attacking.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    There is no need to put jammers on turrets, and AI won't even use them. Turrets will however inherit cloak and jamming effects from the mother ship. Jammers also don't make pirates completely ignore you but makes them less accurate when attacking.
    thanks for clarifying.

I would hope that one day, a better scanning system is introduced, one that if an enemy is detected, could be used to activate linked modules, like radar jammers and defensive systems.

Reaction score
    thanks for clarifying.

I would hope that one day, a better scanning system is introduced, one that if an enemy is detected, could be used to activate linked modules, like radar jammers and defensive systems.
    Hopefully ai use of passive systems is coded in. SOON, etc etc.