Distance warp gate server.cfg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello,
    the distance of warp gate is currently limited at 8 systems (128 sectors). I find this restriction somewhat arbitrary and we would like to see a little bigger when it comes to doors such as this:

http://www.g-sl.net/images/starmade-screenshot-0158.png

So cannot we just consider implementing an argument in the server.cfg such as "WARP_GATE_RANGE 256"?
    After all, this strategy is dependent on the choice of server administrators.
    Thank you for thinking.
    PS: I have not finished working on this door but if you want to try it, it works:

www.g-sl.net/download/XGATE-170510.zip

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You're looking for this section of blockbehaviourconfig.xml

<WarpGate>
    <BasicValues>
    <PowerNeededPerGateBlock>100</PowerNeededPerGateBlock> <!-- constant power consumption to keep the gate active -->
    <PowerNeededPerMass>100</PowerNeededPerMass> <!-- to Jump, the One Time Power Expense is shipMass * PowerNeededPerMass at the time of jumping-->
    <DistanceInSectors>128</DistanceInSectors> <!-- default: 8 systems -->
    </BasicValues>
    </WarpGate>

Reactions: Toshiro
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Thanks for this information, I have not seen these lines in my blockbehaviourconfig.xml
    Sorry for this unnecessary post, at the same time it is not invented ...

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would prefer the warp gate and jump drive distance to be governed by power and the mass of the object being transported. That way you could build small gates to send small things further and if you want to transport titans, well you have to pay in power.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would prefer the warp gate and jump drive distance to be governed by power and the mass of the object being transported. That way you could build small gates to send small things further and if you want to transport titans, well you have to pay in power.
    they do work like that,the larger the object the more power needed,my 1.6km gate uses the same power to send a small ship as my 100 dia gate does.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    they do work like
    Yeah, but not with the distance though. I want the power+mass combined to be used for distance instead of activation.

So, if you have a small man sized gate with 3million power you could send a player across galaxies but not a titan with ridiculous mass.
    [doublepost=1503614564,1503614413][/doublepost]Sorry, not just distance though. Both distance and activation.
    Adding a dialing device, this will provide numerous other options.