Display Module Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 678692
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 678692

Hi there,

I was tinkering with display modules to create a hangar door status for my ship when I realized that I was using like 6-7 display modules to create the output I wanted and more 2 to actually display that information where I wanted.

I know that the game does only display their text up until a maximum distance but I started wondering if there was some way to disable the output of those 6-7 display modules as they aren't actually needed to display anything anyway. If not, it could be a nice feature to have, maybe a checkbox in the text input screen to enable/disable the rendering of text for that display module or making so that an activation module linked to a display module could control that.

I'm not sure if that could make any big difference to reduce lag or something or if it would be worth or practical implementing it, but it certainly seems a bit of wasted rendering have those all "turned on".

Also, be nice, it's my first post here! =]

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Not a bad idea but you should post this in the suggestion forum.

D

Deleted member 678692

Well, I wanted to confirm if there was a way of doing that already, if not I will make a suggestion post there, thanks.