Display module colour linking

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Came up in chat just now,

Basically would be nice if linking a display module to a weapon or other colourable block/device that it takes on the colour specified on the display module.

I'd suggest a color tag using RGB hex values.

For example, linking a module with \[color=#FF0000\] gives you a lovely edgy red on your weapons.

This would allow for some more variability with weapon colours and opens the doors to dynamic/logic colouring (RAINBOW CANNONS).

To avoid things like black weapons however I would suggest a cumulative minimum of 255 over the colour ranges or having a white core to all projectiles/beams.

Reaction score
    Agreed, a neat idea.

It would be yet more incentive for Schine to fix the bug that causes Display modules to "wipe" themselves whenever a ship is "repaired".
    And to fix the similar problem of template "pasted" display modules allso wiping themselves on sector un-load.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Agreed, a neat idea.

It would be yet more incentive for Schine to fix the bug that causes Display modules to "wipe" themselves whenever a ship is "repaired".
    And to fix the similar problem of template "pasted" display modules allso wiping themselves on sector un-load.
    This is why I always use blueprint-spawned ships and disregard multiplayer (think shipyards are a flat useless feature ATM because of that. I'm too perfectionist. Details are the shit). Back on topic, good suggestion however.

Last edited: