Read by Council Discord server

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

Everything the same as SMD, same rules, same mods, same everything. Just better because I can stalk discord from the bus.

Reactions: nightrune

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    If you can stalk discord from the bus, shouldn't you also be able to simply browse SMD via your phone's internet browser?

I don't really get the point, especially considering that it would just split the community up even more...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Discord seems the crave in many streams, I still don't get what's interesting in using that to be honest...

Greets,

Jan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    we already have an IRC, it's not shatering the community, however, many of us already use discord, and like how a community skype group got setup by crusade, I feel a discord would be a good idea. But official. So people use it.

That skype groupe, of which iirc you was a part of keptick, didn't shater the community, but was a nice alternative that didn't mean having to log into SMD.

Plus lets face it, SMD goes up and down like a fucking yoyo.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just my two cents, its a unified chat and voice server that is always on, free, and infinitely customizable. I do not know when they got good, but it will take a supreme effort on the part of any another communication app to come close to topping it. I lament not finding it and switching all my server communications to it sooner (besides forums obviously). It even integrates with twitch/youtube/etc!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Is there an official starmade discord yet or still none? (sorry for digging up ancient posts)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    No.
    -Large discords quickly become unreadable meme-filled messes on par or worse than with twitch chats
    -Splinters the community (the IRC only exists for legacy purposes)
    -We already have a chat function
    -We don't need a voice function, players can join private discords/teamspeaks/mumble servers/ventrillo servers/exchange phone numbers/mail eachother vinyl records of their recorded voice/etc if they want that

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The closest thing to a StarMade discord we currently have is the thriving and growing unofficial StarMade discord server found here: StarMade Discord