DIAGNOSTIC TOOL -- Starmade System Checker

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Several months ago, I noticed that many new players who had/have trouble running the game, didn't know how to check what their computer's hardware is! So, I started work on a very easy to use tool to check this for you, and dump the results on screen, and to a file.

That tool has gone through several revisions, and I think it is finally ready for use!

What is SMC?

Starmade System Checker (or SMC) checks the following:

• Windows version (no Linux or OS X, sorry)
    • Video card
    • Processor
    • amount of RAM
    • Java version

Using this information, it tells you what is (and what is not) capable or set up correctly to run Starmade.

Download

Current version -- v1.3: here

Source Code (Windows batch file): here

SMC is licensed under GPL3.

How to use

It is very simple to use SMC! Just download and run! From there, it should guide you through the very little that you have to do yourself.

FAQ

What is SMC?

Actually read the whole post, idiot.

Why does my browser and/or antivirus software warn me about this software?

SMC is a new and relatively unknown program. Many browsers and AVs don't like that. Also, SMC is a Windows batch file on the inside, and those can be used for extreme evil. SMC is safe though, I promise. :)

I found a bug! Fix it!

That's not a question, but report it in this thread. I want to make this tool as perfect as possible.

Enjoy. :)

Reaction score
    I don\'t know if you\'re aware of this, but CC shouldn\'t be used for software. May I suggest the GPL? Regarding its goals it\'s very similar to your CC license. It also says so on the page that\'s labeled with not compatible with the GPL. Quote:

Authors who use or are planning to use the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license should consider a similar Free Software license such as the GNU General Public License [GPL].

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I actually wasn\'t aware.... guess GPL it is.

The tool itself will still say CC until I get an excuse to edit it again.

Reaction score
    I have just tried this tool for fun and it says that there is no Java installed.

I tried to reinstall it but your tool still says that there is no Java... P:

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What version of Windows are you running, and do you know what directory Java is installed to?