DFN World Records! Shipbuilding, combat, and forum records! Make your name known today!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have yet to see anything of the sort yet, so I figured I'd be the first to start catalouging these sorts of ultramassive ships, supersized forum threads, and just the endeavors and general awesomeness of the Starmade community as a whole. If you want to apply for a record, just post what record you're going for, and proof that you broke it. If you want to make a new record, just post the name of the record you'd like to create.

Largest ship- Calibri

Largest shield capacity-

Largest stealth ship-

Most members in a faction-

Most posts on a forum thread-

Highest mass cloaked ship-

Largest station- SATURN

Most well-producing factory-

Largest turret- A Fat Pokemon

Most turrets on a single entity-Tartaran Empire

Most docked ships on a single entity-

Smallest mass cloaked ship-

Highest power generation-SATURN

Most cannons on a single ship-

Largest missile crater-

***DISCLAIMER***
    We will not discriminate against anyone, by way of nationality, faction loyalty, race, age, spelling ability, gender, or other reasons. This is open to everyone to contribute.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You might wanna see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8aRkRPxa78&feature=c4-overview&list=UUI3c17nRT9meSi00wNrkeiQ

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My guess is the competition for the title for largest ship is between the Omega project, Skylord Luke, or the Rebel Alliance.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i havn\'t seen the omega project but the mothership that i\'m working on is going to be bigger than Skylord Luke\'s curret largest ship and larger than the Rebel Alliance\'s home one.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Question, are large ships like these really practical. I mean, it will defintely be good at lagging the hell out of NASS.....

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    but singleplayer and some of the better, smaller servers out there could.

Reaction score
    Hi,

First; single-player can not handle large ships. As soon as you start messing with AMC/missile/salvager/drain groups that add up to 50K blocks or more the StarMade code starts squirting out all over the place and ends up as a big brown smelly sludge running down your leg and filling your shoes. Accidentally flying any ship near a planet (or near a large ship) will reduce your frame rate by a factor of about 50 (e.g. 200 FPS down to 4 FPS). Worse if there\'s a large ship docked at a planet. If there\'s a large ship resting on a planet (not docked) then pray for mercy - it\'s probably faster to reset the universe and restore ship/s from catalogue than to wait for the next frame to be drawn.

Now...

A server is only ever smaller (\"better\") if less people use it; and single-player is the smallest (\"best!\") server possible?

This definition of \"best\" is the opposite of what makes multi-player fun, and is the same as my definition of \"worst\". My definition of \"best\" would be the most number of people playing on the same server at the same time. In this case, ludicrously large ships are worse than pointless - they kill the game for everyone else.

Ironically, \"ludicrously large ships that kill the game for everyone else\" and \"total number of people online at the same time\" are probably the 2 biggest causes of lag on NASS; and these are also likely to be the reasons (or the reasons for the reason) why DFN shifted to a different server; and these are also likely to be the reason why the new server will become as bad or worse than NASS as DFN start spawning in their large ships and building their large homeworlds/stations and increase the total number of players using the new server at the same time (and other people on that new server increase ship size and number of people online to avoid being \"insta-wiped\" in PvP).

Mostly what I\'m saying here is that everyone knows \"bigger is better\" (and want bigger ships); and most people want lots of people online at once; and StarMade currently can not handle either situation well, and StarMade may never handle either situation well.

Reaction score
    Are there any entries for most turrets or things to look at? I\'d love to see the monstrocities people come up with there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    CR wins on turrets. Owner will ban us if we use it in an offensive manner on Illusive. Way excessive force.

Reaction score
    at 2.5km (diametre) im fairly sure the EDEN would have been the lagest station around, only problem was that it was destroyed when some of the files got corrupted, not to mention that i really couldnt be bothered with building the 2500m x 2500m x 1250m glass dome

Reaction score
    EDIT: i think the EDEN would have won highest power thingy with 1000 million regen and 17.8 Billion storage but once again she got destory by corrupt files

Reaction score
    I guess this would be like per 5 seconds the block amount I would like to go for that... Its on illusive i will show you later.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You can\'t really know that, though, there were planetary factories on NASS before, witnessed by DFN once (or was it before their time ? dem Vaygr hmm ).

DFN\'s thread wins for most spam and repeated posts though, no doubt there. Some members with 15 out of the 30 posts in a single page ^^

Biggest ship atm (you should stop confusing \"projects\" with \"ships\", to qualify as a ship, it has to be built, not theoretical or just some hull/skeleton/half-done, unless it\'s already the biggest when half done/it\'s current state) would be Calbiri\'s Valhalla. There are also other competitors though. It should be investigated to avoid claiming winners with no real info on the existing ships.