Dev YouTubers status

Reaction score
    Just curious, did the devs saber and bench basically stopped making videos completely for starmade? Or is it just a hiatus? Cuz bench made some great tutorial videos on logic blocks. Would love to see more tutorials like that and maybe about the updates as they come out. Cus the way bench makes vids is very easy to follow.

The reason I'm asking is that when I looked at their most recent videos, it was one year ago for bench and nine months ago for saber.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Almost three years ago, I was lured into StarMade by youtubers too (Saber, Criss and Skylord Luke, to be precise), and I too am curious about what's up with them.

I'd really like to see these people back at making videos when (or if) we get the Galaxy Update this year.

This game seems to be in a serious decline in popularity, and if the finalized weapons-update and the forthcoming galaxy-update will be good enough, with the potential to maybe replenish life in this game, it ought to be promoted a little, which could/should include video productions by the old big names, who drew in so many of the player base.

Best to just tag them, maybe they'd be happy to share their reasons of being inactive in the youtube angle: Saber , Criss , SkylordLuke
    (I can't seem to tag Bench, but I guess there's not much to cover about his main interests, logic and rails, anymore.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Almost three years ago, I was lured into StarMade by youtubers too (Saber, Criss and Skylord Luke, to be precise), and I too am curious about what's up with them.

I'd really like to see these people back at making videos when (or if) we get the Galaxy Update this year.

This game seems to be in a serious decline in popularity, and if the finalized weapons-update and the forthcoming galaxy-update will be good enough, with the potential to maybe replenish life in this game, it ought to be promoted a little, which could/should include video productions by the old big names, who drew in so many of the player base.

Best to just tag them, maybe they'd be happy to share their reasons of being inactive in the youtube angle: Saber , Criss , SkylordLuke
    (I can't seem to tag Bench, but I guess there's not much to cover about his main interests, logic and rails, anymore.)
    Yaaaaaa, I wasn't lured in by them.... But their videos helped soooo much.... Cuz I sometimes have a hard time understanding gmodism (also sometimes get bored due to how drawn out his tutorials can be sometimes). Like I saw yesterday that criss and saber were in the twitch stream so they're still involved..... Not sure about bench and skylord
    [doublepost=1527429714,1527429543][/doublepost]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I think skylord luke is just waiting for the systems overhaul to be more complete.

Bench apparently is having some technical difficulties, but in a QA post, they said he'd be returning soon.

I think saber has another job, along with his modeling he does for schine. He mentioned he wouldn't have a lot of time to make as many videos.

This is all secondhand info.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It takes a lot of time to create good quality YouTube content. So it’s most likely a time constraint.

It’s not just playing the game. But also thinking of ideas, implementing them and then shooting the footage. Then its editing and uploading. Trust me it takes more time then you think.

I recommend watching the official streams sometimes.

Reaction score
    Yaaa, it's a huge time commitment
    It takes a lot of time to create good quality YouTube content. So it’s most likely a time constraint.

It’s not just playing the game. But also thinking of ideas, implementing them and then shooting the footage. Then its editing and uploading. Trust me it takes more time then you think.

I recommend watching the official streams sometimes.
    Yaaa I watch the official streams love when I can, offered a good amount of insight.
    [doublepost=1527462257,1527462175][/doublepost]
    Ask on the Discord. I was wondering that myself
    Are we in the same discord?

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yaaa, it's a huge time commitment

Yaaa I watch the official streams love when I can, offered a good amount of insight.
    [doublepost=1527462257,1527462175][/doublepost]
    Are we in the same discord?
    IDK I am in the Official Starmade Discord run by the devs.

Reactions: Briaireous
    Reaction score
    Is the official StarMade YouTube channel dead?
    11 months since the last upload.

I know they do streams for new features etc. but not everyone has time to watch something like that.
    Since the cliff notes videos stopped being uploaded to YouTube I have really struggled to keep up to date with the changes happening, does anyone know if it's likely to make a return?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Is the official StarMade YouTube channel dead?
    11 months since the last upload.

I know they do streams for new features etc. but not everyone has time to watch something like that.
    Since the cliff notes videos stopped being uploaded to YouTube I have really struggled to keep up to date with the changes happening, does anyone know if it's likely to make a return?
    Saber did say on a stream iirc that they were going to make a video on the recent feature updates but I believe they are a bit tight with time

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

Sorry for necroing you DeepSpace,but yeah..I was waiting for systems update to come out and mayybe universe update,but it seems like the universe update is gonna take eons to get here.. so I started filming new videos recently and have 6 videos uploaded and ready to be made public. starting this week

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sorry for necroing you DeepSpace,but yeah..I was waiting for systems update to come out and mayybe universe update,but it seems like the universe update is gonna take eons to get here.. so I started filming new videos recently and have 6 videos uploaded and ready to be made public. starting this week
    Nice. It’s good to have some more Star Made YouTube content. That was on of the reasons I started to create my own as well.

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive

Yeah, the universe update might take as much time as the formation of the actual Universe... But with the right level of creativity, we will always be able to make interesting new stuff in a game like StarMade. Anyways, happy to hear the good news, and I'm looking forward for your new stuff! (y)

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Nice. It’s good to have some more Star Made YouTube content. That was on of the reasons I started to create my own as well.
    I am watching your vids :D love them!!

@DeepspaceMechanic Yeah, the universe update might take as much time as the formation of the actual Universe... But with the right level of creativity, we will always be able to make interesting new stuff in a game like StarMade. Anyways, happy to hear the good news, and I'm looking forward for your new stuff!
    thank you! and I hope you like them :)

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I have actually recently began thinking about doing a series covering the game again, but it has changed so much so I need to play through by myself for a while to see if it is something I can do or not.

Reactions: SkylordLuke