[DEV Build]Weapons 2.0 : aside Weapons !!?

Reaction score
    There is many post very overstrung about weapons and their futur on the dev build, I'm feel a little lonely as I see annoying things more aside weapons (as they will have to be balance, rewrited, tested, etc...) and I would like to talk with you (are interested ones) about others things who are currently modified in this dev !

First AI (As i don't know how they react in oooolders release). They seems less beast to hurt all ships and structure again and again and have a little better behaviour.
    They seems not be restreint by rotation as they can make a half turn in a fraction of sec.
    I haven't test yet drones as docking become really annoying actually (see below)

I see a very very annoying thing, and nobody talk abou that :
    Now, you can't build on docked entities as long as they are docked.
    Reported as bug.

Aside that :
    • Pirates attack more often, but seems to attack just by pleasure... they come, fire some blast and if you move about 1km, sometimes they disappear.
      They flee trade shop, but there is no actual really reason to... May add some little weapons on trade structure could gve sense to that...
    • I see see may 15 planets (4/6 stars) around me!!!
      Seems to be due to "no balanced default config" about sector size.
    • defaut Logics bloc display is now off in inventory/hotbar/trade. That's seems... logic !
    • Actually for me, the game seems a more heavy process, I get more advertise of heavyload.

Have you see others things ?
    (will edit to add further)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yeah, this is a bug... Presumably will be fixed by release.
    I reported that as bug aside the bug of docked entities no moving. move was resolved but no other, and no reaction/update about dev on my report even if they was active on phab.starmade, so was thinking that was intended.

Reaction score
    First AI (As i don't know how they react in oooolders release). They seems less beast to hurt all ships and structure again and again and have a little better behaviour.
    They seems not be restreint by rotation as they can make a half turn in a fraction of sec.
    I haven't test yet drones as docking become really annoying actually (see below)
    AI sometimes bugs out, but rapid spinning and jumping around is as often as not a desync issue more than anything.

I see a very very annoying thing, and nobody talk abou that :
    Now, you can't build on docked entities as long as they are docked.
    Then to build turrets, if you want to make an armor hull around barrels, you have to build your barrels (out of dock), dock-it, build armor on base, dock-it (and put thruster !!!!) then that's ok....
    until you want to modify barrels or base!!! then I get some problems, because have to undock barrels to modify them, and have to remove armor on base to redock on it !
    BUT : to rebuild armor on base, have to undock it from ship !!!! and put some thrusters.. it's really really annoying ! I pass some times to run after barels or base while i was editing a structure because colision make them throw away.
    that's a big black dot for me (black dot, or the good word in english ! lol)
    This is already a reported bug... not much left to talk about.

Aside that :
    • Pirates attack more often, but seems to attack just by pleasure... they come, fire some blast and if you move about 1km, sometimes they disappear.
      They flee trade shop, but there is no actual really reason to... May add some little weapons on trade structure could gve sense to that...
    • I see planets for far away as that's was planned.. but that's show an evidence I have read on many posts : stars are to close between each others, there is really too many planets! now, when watching around i can see may 15 planets (4/6 stars) !!! ratio space between stars/size of planets is really not good, but now we see it.
    • defaut Logics bloc display is now off in inventory/hotbar/trade. That's seems... logic !
    • Actually for me, the game seems a more heavy process, I get more advertise of heavyload.
    Sounds like you are using the default 2km sector sizes. Pretty much everyone useds 10km sector sizes now which fixes several of these issues. It spreads out stars and planets more, spaces out sector edges so you don't have things constantly popping in and out, and can even help with AI getting confused. Also, shops are safe zones. If I recall, pirates can't actually hurt you when you are close enough to shops, thus they are not so much "running" as "moving on".

Reaction score
    build mod bug :
    I have just modified my post before your answer...

Sounds like you are using the default 2km sector sizes. Pretty much everyone useds 10km sector sizes now which fixes several of these issues. It spreads out stars and planets more, spaces out sector edges so you don't have things constantly popping in and out, and can even help with AI getting confused. Also, shops are safe zones. If I recall, pirates can't actually hurt you when you are close enough to shops, thus they are not so much "running" as "moving on".
    Yes I use default, for me "default" is the game as intended by devs to be good, But seems not. I think they should make config as a real default and no a sandbox game. As when you start to play (and don't know game) you should be starting in a "balanced environnement"
    I know that shops are "safezone" against pirates, that's why I talk about add some turrets to justify that they don't fly around.

Reaction score
    the 2km default is more of a legacy config. Starmade has not always had FTL or been efficient enough to support large ships, or had nearly so high of default speeds; so, once upon a time, that scale made since.

Reaction score
    I am back for more, I love this game.. but the new DEV-build, for weapons update, it seems to lack joy stick compatibility...
    Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator: